The Liverpool Thread

Parky

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/09/01/blood-red-brendan-rodgers-rebuilding-plans-hampered-by-failures-of-previous-liverpool-fc-regime-100252-31739935/2/

Henderson remains at Anfield but the fact that the Reds were willing to offer him plus cash for Clint Dempsey speaks volumes.

When Sunderland contemplated losing Henderson last summer, Steve Bruce told his chairman he believed they could get £4million for him. Imagine his delight when Parky offered £14million and then swiftly improved that bid to £16million.

:lol:

:whistle:

Gonna have a peek. ;)

These caught me eye:

"If they hadn't sacked Kenny, we probably wouldn't have got rid of most of those players. They did actually play some alright football now and then, and brought one of those shiny things home. I agree we overpaid on them, but it's hardly Kenny's fault that they sacked him and the next manager wants a different type of player."  :whistle:

I personally think Rodgers is the victim of cutbacks by stealth.  :snod:

"Thank you, we're actually like Arsenal just a lot shitter and with no hope of Champions League." RAWK  :razz:

worst part in all this being from the Massachusetts area is that the random people that have started to follow 'soccer' have started to support them just because of the Red Sox link.  I cringe every time I see the commercial for the documentary on fox soccer calling there shite team 'heros' and 'Englands most historic club' so brutal... Luckily it seems like the owners are managing both clubs into the ground. thank god.

"Has to make you wonder just what the sponsers think to all this. Record deals with Warrior Sports and Standard Chartered. I think if memory serves me right, Standard Chartered is an £80 mill deal and Warrior is 120. That's 200 mill over roughly 4 years? What must the sponsers think knowing that there is very little possibility of Liverpool challenging and therefore exposing their brand on a larger scale through the champions league? Wouldn't be surprised if one or both of these deals is "re-negotiated" or "ended amicably". To put it bluntly, one senior striker along with the now left sided Borini just is not good enough."

Lot of sponshorship for what might be very little return this season.

It only takes 1 player to take one for the premiership and completely wipe suarez out for a long time. It won't happen today because Arsenal are a bunch of soft kernts but there will be one stupid enough player with this thinking to ruin any sort of chance Liverpool have this year. 1 man literally keeping their side together, it's incredible that they've put themselves in such a position.

worst part in all this being from the Massachusetts area is that the random people that have started to follow 'soccer' have started to support them just because of the Red Sox link.  I cringe every time I see the commercial for the documentary on fox soccer calling there s**** team 'heros' and 'Englands most historic club' so brutal... Luckily it seems like the owners are managing both clubs into the ground. thank god.

Their history is comparatively recent compared to other clubs - mostly down to their success from the mid 1970s to 1990.  They won a few league titles before then but there was no sustained period of success until the 1970s.