The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Just placed a bet with one of my regular drinkers at work. He thinks they'll be in a relegation fight all season, I think they'll get away with all the shit as usual, drag themselves up to the top half after ditching Hodgson. If they finish  mid-table (we've agreed that's 11th-15th), neither of us win. Easy tenner :lol:

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01724/roy_hodgson_1724885c.jpg

Class, it's like a Batman villian off to commit some nefarious acts with his mis-shapen Igor-like assistant in tow.

Unfortunately for him it's going to be the picture that defines Woy's Wayne as Liverpool manager, a complete joke.

A defeat against Everton and it could be all over already.

Just placed a bet with one of my regular drinkers at work. He thinks they'll be in a relegation fight all season, I think they'll get away with all the shit as usual, drag themselves up to the top half after ditching Hodgson. If they finish  mid-table (we've agreed that's 11th-15th), neither of us win. Easy tenner :lol:

Great bet to have. I hope it continues, pressure will be on but they'll get through it. Might not be with hodgy though

Great bet to have. I hope it continues, pressure will be on but they'll get through it. Might not be with hodgy though

My guess is Hodgson gone by christmas. Found it a risky appointment in the first place, good manager, certainly not right for the situation he was going into at Anfield. Signings didn't make me think quality, didn't make me think smart.

They'll pull through, won't hit Europe but will be in the pack just behind, but it certainly won't be with Hodgson. I get the feeling that very soon we're going to hear of Hodgson 'losing' the players.

They've got a bit of a problem, because players don't join Liverpool to get stuck into a relegation fight. A lot of those lads will be looking at the exit door rather than trying to get them out of their current situation.

But I feel if/when they lose some of these players, they'll still be able to find a few out there that will be of a good Premiership standard. Look at us, even we were able to get HBA in, I'm sure Liverpool can find just as good, if not better, based on their history and general name value. Hell, half of them will probably be a step up, the quality of Liverpool's squad in general has been slipping for a few years now.

My guess is Hodgson gone by christmas. Found it a risky appointment in the first place, good manager, certainly not right for the situation he was going into at Anfield. Signings didn't make me think quality, didn't make me think smart.

They'll pull through, won't hit Europe but will be in the pack just behind, but it certainly won't be with Hodgson. I get the feeling that very soon we're going to hear of Hodgson 'losing' the players.

You mean Gerrard's called time? Wonder what it is about fat scousers that think they run football clubs top to bottom?  O0

Looking at their fixtures they've got two tough games after their derby, which they could go on and win, but both teams shut up shop and love to defend, even draws could kill them right now.

It's not going to make up for HBA leg break, but i find peace in the thought Liverpool are struggling in every single department.

Thought I had the other day; Us (dodgy defence according to everyone) a newly promoted team and without argument we have a defender (Enrique) capable of walking straight in to Liverpool's first team and would arguably be the 2nd best defender at the club, while also having a defensive midfielder way beyond anything they've got and a striker they are crying out for in Carroll. we're a newly promoted team, incredible.

Season we went down and i doubt any of our players would have got near their squad nevermind first team.

Losing Xabi Alonso one season, then following it up with losing Macherano, its huge, especially when all you've got left is Gerrard, who by all accounts in now carrying the club lock, stock. Torres is MIA, last seen pretending to be a footballer in Saffa, it just goes on, and that's on the field, the rest of the shit off it is a joy to behold. :)

Never mind Christmas, Hodgson will be gone before the end of October if they lose at Everton. Then it'll be the Second Coming of Kenny Dalglish, which hopefully will be another kind of disaster.

Right with the first comment, wrong with the second(unless Dalglish is there temporarily)...my money is on MON and I wouldn't be surprised if he has already been spoken to on the QT..

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01724/roy_hodgson_1724885c.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/seocc9.gif

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n132/safclad/Funstuff/kizz.png

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/8830/1285615038922.gif

Guest ObiChrisKenobi
Liverpool supporters, with no serious form for ever demanding managerial change despite thousands gathering in the streets in protest against the American duo, chanted the name of Anfield icon Kenny Dalglish as Hodgson's tenure moved ominously from transition to crisis.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/philmcnulty/2010/10/hodgson_faces_liverpool_fight.html

Is this true? I thought they wanted rid of Souness, Houllier and Rafa (though admittedly Rafa seemed to have more fans then haters).

Its a bit annoying listen to Talksport w*** over the Liverpool fans being oh-so loyal to their manager this season.

This, despite the fact he was won them the Champions League, the FA Cup and got them as close to the Premier Legue title as they have in years.

Put the fuckers in the bottom 3 for 6 months and see how long their f***ing loyalty lasts.

A damn site less than 3 months it seems.

Guest palnese

Would be great to see both Liverpool clubs suffer. (sorry Niel)

Got nowt against Everton, but I'd like to see Liverpool crash and burn.

Erm, haven't Everton done little else since the 80's? Hardly been breaking the bank with their champagne bill have they? Had more relegation scrapes than us since the PL, they just didn't go down.

A lot of this criticism of Hodgson is very retrospective. At the start of the season, he looked the right candidate, given Liverpool's situation. A younger manager could easily have got buried by the pressure around the club, and the egos in the dressing room. On the other hand, there weren't any other older managers who weren't either already in jobs or whose career wasn't in decline.

Talking of past-it managers, could there be a worse candidate than Dalglish? Actually, I can think of one, but I won't name him.  ;)

I didn't expect Liverpool to start so badly, and the factor here is Torres. He has been a crucial player for them, and if he doesn't recover fitness and motivation, they'll continue to look ordinary.

I think Everton will win the derby. Comfortably.

Erm, haven't Everton done little else since the 80's? Hardly been breaking the bank with their champagne bill have they? Had more relegation scrapes than us since the PL, they just didn't go down.

Thanks to a very dodgy Wimbledon goal/ goal that wasn't if I remember in the late 90s