The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Klopp wants the Bayern job.

My Liverpool supporting mate is adamant he's going to come in and turn them around.

It's going to be hilarious if he rocks up at Bayern.

Klopp could be the biggest troll in world football. 'Wants a project' keeps fans of non Champions League teams thinking they have a chance.

Then he signs up for one of the best three club sides in the world.

Same 'challenge' Pep was looking for.

Good point :thup:

He recently said, "it doesn't necessarily have to be a club in the title race, it could also be a challenger."

To be honest, I think he'd rather choose a club with potential whose side he can shape after his vision over several seasons. He was manager at both his previous clubs (Mainz and Dortmund) for 7 years. I don't think the Bayern job, for example, would appeal greatly to him: it's already the finished article.

I think LFC is the kind of job that might be attractive for Klopp. We may be way off the pace, on and off the field, but we're still a legendary club,  have a history of supporting our managers without interference, and our board appears to be quite sane.

That's not to say I think we'll get him, but I hope we do. As much as I dislike Dortmund, under Klopp they had some brilliant and very exciting sides.

Given that all Liverpools players are from the tier below the top and Sturridge aside are fairly ego free and young enough to pull it off I think his high press style would and could be implemented fairly quickly.

Jurgen Klopp is expected to attend Liverpool's game with Aston Villa on Saturday.

Actually quite a few Jurgen Klopps are expected to attend.

The Daily Star reports that Twitter group The Anfield Chat has urged its 122,000 followers to send a message to the Liverpool board by turning up at the Villa game dressed as the former Borussia Dortmund gaffer.

The Twitter group is unhappy with the Reds performances under current boss Brendan Rodgers.

Guest Roger Kint

No fans more knowledgeable than the Anfield crowd.

Yet to a man they all claim they have and will never turn on a manager. Not Rodgers, not Hodgson, absolutely not.....

Yet to a man they all claim they have and will never turn on a manager. Not Rodgers, not Hodgson, absolutely not.....

would be one of the most cuntish things to do that like, fucking hell :anguish:

at least the sackpardew people, and then a load of our own fans, had enough balls to say they wanted the prick gone rather than slinking up in masks (i assume?) of another manager while you still have one employed :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

at least the sackpardew people, and then a load of our own fans, had enough balls to say they wanted the prick gone rather than slinking up in masks (i assume?) of another manager while you still have one employed :lol:

I kept thinking during the sackpardew stuff how some kept slagging the fans for it yet not a word when Liverpool do similar(even getting a plane to fly over with Rodgers out) its not even questioned. Didnt they slaughter KK that last time too?

I kept thinking during the sackpardew stuff how some kept slagging the fans for it yet not a word when Liverpool do similar(even getting a plane to fly over with Rodgers out) its not even questioned. Didnt they slaughter KK that last time too?

You mean like the slagging they're not getting on here? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...