The Liverpool Thread

Parky

If the bank takes over and doesn't find a buyer by January, will they start asset stripping (sell Torres/Gerrard, etc.)?

They will find a buyer no problem.

:facepalm: Yeah huge debt, decrepid old ground and a global economy slump

Guest neesy111

If the bank takes over and doesn't find a buyer by January, will they start asset stripping (sell Torres/Gerrard, etc.)?

biggs is right.

again the naivety of liverpool fans thinking they are a much bigger club than what they are.  i see nee fucker came in for leeds despite their glorious past.

biggs is right.

again the naivety of liverpool fans thinking they are a much bigger club than what they are.  i see nee f***er came in for leeds despite their glorious past.

liverpool are a global brand,leeds are big,like us but not as big on a global scale as liverpool.

Guest neesy111

biggs is right.

again the naivety of liverpool fans thinking they are a much bigger club than what they are.  i see nee f***er came in for leeds despite their glorious past.

liverpool are a global brand,leeds are big,like us but not as big on a global scale as liverpool.

probably shows you then how fucked they are, that no-one despite their global appeal doesn't want to buy them currently.

biggs is right.

probably shows you then how f***ed they are, that no-one despite their global appeal doesn't want to buy them currently.

'kin ell man neesy, i've been drinking so less of the double negatives.

(hell i'm sure i posted similar the other week)

As if someone won't buy them. It's fun to see them doing s*** on the pitch at present but mention of their demise as a club is way too early.

This - as someone said, the Media love them(many scousers work in broadcasting)and in PL terms they are, like the big banks, viewed as 'too big to fail'...they are also part of the grand EU - sorry, I mean UEFA - group of supposed 'Top' Clubs so authorities will bend over backwards to keep them going.

And I mean - EVERYTHING....!

As if someone won't buy them. It's fun to see them doing s*** on the pitch at present but mention of their demise as a club is way too early.

This - as someone said, the Media love them(many scousers work in broadcasting)and in PL terms they are, like the big banks, viewed as 'too big to fail'...they are also part of the grand EU - sorry, I mean UEFA - group of supposed 'Top' Clubs so authorities will bend over backwards to keep them going.

And I mean - EVERYTHING....!

Sad but true but isnt it great watching them slowly disintegrate ,it happened to us and all i remember through my younger days was a fab football team ruling Europe at various times ,global brand and medialovitis but all coming to an end and boy do i love it  :clap2:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

£600m+ debts is why no one wants to buy them.

Liverpool fan: "But those aren't the club debts! Those are other people's debts, Liverpool are debt free! NOT OUR DEBTS! NO NO NO NO, YOU'LL NEEEEEEEEEVEEEEEEEEEEER DEBT ALONE! SPEND ON! SPEEEEEEEEEEEND ON! WITH A WHOLE IN OUR WALLETS, WE'LL NEVER BREAK EVEN!"

£600m+ debts is why no one wants to buy them.

Liverpool fan: "But those aren't the club debts! Those are other people's debts, Liverpool are debt free! NOT OUR DEBTS! NO NO NO NO, YOU'LL NEEEEEEEEEVEEEEEEEEEEER DEBT ALONE! SPEND ON! SPEEEEEEEEEEEND ON! WITH A WHOLE IN OUR WALLETS, WE'LL NEVER BREAK EVEN!"

:lol:

biggs is right.

again the naivety of liverpool fans thinking they are a much bigger club than what they are.  i see nee fucker came in for leeds despite their glorious past.

hold on, they've won the european cup 5 times and the English top flight more times than anyone else (joint with manyoo iirc) - what the fuck else do they have to do to be considered "big" in your world like? 

what are Barcelona to you, middle of the road club or something? :lol:

Guest neesy111

biggs is right.

hold on, they've won the european cup 5 times and the English top flight more times than anyone else (joint with manyoo iirc) - what the fuck else do they have to do to be considered "big" in your world like? 

Having a successful past doesn't make you a big club now.  Because we could claim to be a biggish club on the fact we have 11 major honours in our history.

biggs is right.

Having a successful past doesn't make you a big club now.  Because we could claim to be a biggish club on the fact we have 11 major honours in our history.

It does when you've a past as succesful as Liverpool's and have the number of fans Liverpool have.

Guest neesy111

biggs is right.

It does when you've a past as succesful as Liverpool's and have the number of fans Liverpool have.

Glory Hunters I would call them tbh.

biggs is right.

off your head tbh

biggs is right.

off your head tbh

:sadnod:

biggs is right.

hold on, they've won the european cup 5 times and the English top flight more times than anyone else (joint with manyoo iirc) - what the f*** else do they have to do to be considered "big" in your world like? 

Well pointed out

biggs is right.

hold on, they've won the european cup 5 times and the English top flight more times than anyone else (joint with manyoo iirc) - what the f*** else do they have to do to be considered "big" in your world like? 

Well pointed out

Depends what you mean by past. In the last 10 years, we've won 2 League Cups, 2 FA Cups, 2 Super Cups, 1 UEFA Cup and 1 CL. Not a terrible record. We're hardly reliving the glory days, but on the other hand, which was the last club in Europe that came even close to 4 European Cups and 6 league titles in 7 years?

Supporters of English clubs also tend to underestimate the importance of European success with regards to profile. AC Milan would be the best comparison: we played them in two CL finals, and like Rafa's LFC, they were largely league also-rans but a CL powerhouse. How you saw Ancelotti's Milan is how the rest of Europe saw Liverpool. They saw us beat Barcelona in Barcelona, tear Real to shreds, and Istanbul. Not our games against Bolton and Traore's OG against Burnley. Well, actually they probably did see that, because it's got half a million views on YouTube :(

Don't blame it on the Hamann,

Don't blame it on the Biscan,

Don't blame it on the Finnan,

Blame it on Traore!

He just can't...

He just can't...

He just can't control his feet.