The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Seems an odd rumour to surface if it isn't true...

Similar to the Toon's fiasco, where people were just getting free press claiming to be bidding for us. Can only guess why, possibly makes it look like they're a strong company with funds and investment foresight or some boring financial crap.

Well, Kenny Huang (the Chinese in question) has just sold shares (in Merril Lynch I think) of the precise value of LFC's loans, which is a pretty strong indication that he's making a bid.

Well, Kenny Huang (the Chinese in question) has just sold shares (in Merril Lynch I think) of the precise value of LFC's loans, which is a pretty strong indication that he's making a bid.

From the FT:

China's CIC denies interest in Liverpool FC

A spokesperson for China Investment Corp, the country’s main sovereign wealth fund, told the Financial Times they had never heard of a plan to buy Liverpool FC or of Kenneth Huang, the man widely reported to be fronting a Chinese bid to buy the English Premier League club.

The shares you are talking about were Morgan Stanley and supposedly sold by CIC.

From the FT:

China's CIC denies interest in Liverpool FC

A spokesperson for China Investment Corp, the country’s main sovereign wealth fund, told the Financial Times they had never heard of a plan to buy Liverpool FC or of Kenneth Huang, the man widely reported to be fronting a Chinese bid to buy the English Premier League club.

The shares you are talking about were Morgan Stanley and supposedly sold by CIC.

That's the one. Should've Googled it again before posting, really  :blush:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ObiChrisKenobi

What about the 'failed' takeover? Though to be fair, I didn't see anyone get their hopes up too much (at least compared to us lot when Ashley was selling).

What exactly has Hodgson done to deserve so much praise btw? He's flavour of the month but I don't see what's so amazing about him.

Tin hat on.

One season wonder.

Really couldn't believe it that people genuinely thought he would instantly transform Liverpool.

What exactly has Hodgson done to deserve so much praise btw? He's flavour of the month but I don't see what's so amazing about him.

Tin hat on.

Kept Fulham in the Prem. Got them to 7th place in the league. Got them to Europa Cup final. Signed quite a lot good players for them. Apart from that not a lot.

Tin hat on.

He's a good steady coach with a solid knowledge of the game and has been around and picked up a lot of ideas, but I'm not sure he's the talismanic figure Liverpool need, especailly with the difficult times ahead regarding cash.

Tin hat on.

Kept Fulham in the Prem. Got them to 7th place in the league. Got them to Europa Cup final. Signed quite a lot good players for them. Apart from that not a lot.

Thing is has he worked under the immense pressure a manager at anfield is perpetually under? I know he did well at Inter when they had no money, but that was a while back.

I think he's up against it, with a squad not capable of meeting expectations Liverpool fans have for their team. Not sure he's good enough either, they should have gone for M'On, they may do that soon, if results don't pick up, Hodgson could have a very short time in charge there.

He just doesn't seem a good fit personality wise for Liverpool. The team and fans are a bunch of moaning cunts whereas he actually seems a decent guy, think that'll be his downfall.

He just doesn't seem a good fit personality wise for Liverpool. The team and fans are a bunch of moaning cunts whereas he actually seems a decent guy, think that'll be his downfall.

He just isn't scary enough to handle all that pressure and that dressing room must be full of moaners.

Tin hat on.

Thing is has he worked under the immense pressure a manager at anfield is perpetually under? I know he did well at Inter when they had no money, but that was a while back.

I can see by your answer you have scanned his CV so you should know the answer to that. Thinking only big clubs have immense pressure is bit odd. Paul Jewell looked wrecked after Wigan & staying on the Wigan tip I bet Bobby Martinez is not sleeping easy atm. We have seen Karl Oyston & Olly at Blackpool feel the strain & they have only been in the Prem for about 3 months. Pressure is everywhere in peoples working life whether your company has caused a leak in gulf or your self employed painter decorator with nee work lined up.

Tin hat on.

I can see by your answer you have scanned his CV so you should know the answer to that. Thinking only big clubs have immense pressure is bit odd. Paul Jewell looked wrecked after Wigan & staying on the Wigan tip I bet Bobby Martinez is not sleeping easy atm. We have seen Karl Oyston & Olly at Blackpool feel the strain & they have only been in the Prem for about 3 months. Pressure is everywhere in peoples working life whether your company has caused a leak in gulf or your self employed painter decorator with nee work lined up.

That's a very well rounded answer. I tip my hat to you Sir!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Tin hat on.

That's a very well rounded answer. I tip my hat to you Sir!

Parky 0 - 1 Thespence  :shifty: