The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Still think it'll be an interesting battle. If Arsenal lose Van Persie for a period longer than a few games they won't get it.

Spurs also look a little dependent on Adebayor who can go off the boil.

With the four teams scrapping for two places and presumably taking points off each other, it also opens things up for others to sneak in there.

Still think it'll be an interesting battle. If Arsenal lose Van Persie for a period longer than a few games they won't get it.

With the four teams scrapping for two places and presumably taking points off each other, it also opens things up for others to sneak in there.

Not especially IMO - in their great run they're having, Adebayor went 4 or 5 games without scoring.

Not especially IMO - in their great run they're having, Adebayor went 4 or 5 games without scoring.

Yep. Spurs are simply better than everyone bar the top 2. And probably will be throughout the season.

Hang on a minute, millions spunked, failure to qualify for Europe, 6th in the table and behind Newcastle...yet Parky's losing? Give over. :lol:

Think they deserved a goal for the performances against Citeh and Chelsea.

There's time yet for their demise. :)

What a difference 4 points seems to make:

Dalglish this year:

23 points from 14 games. 7th in the league.

Hodgson at this stage last season:

19 points from 14 games. 9th place in the league.

Conclusion: Kenny is the second coming and Hodgson is Satan.

When you consider the amount of money Dalglish has had to spend, the fact Hodgson had none, and the fact that Hodgson was working in the knowledge that Dalglish was waiting to knife him, you would have to say Hodgson was doing at least as well this time last year.

Daft tactics from Dalglish lost them the game there when they went down to 10 men. There'll not be a word about that though.

Look at this article for the pressure Hodgson was under this time last year:

The Reds' disappointing 2-0 defeat at Stoke City on Saturday, which brought an abrupt end to the team's recent revival, was marked by a section of the away support chanting Dalglish's name.

And Hodgson has since admitted there is 'nothing [he] can do about it' if the fans want to hark back to the halcion days of title wins and regular silverware under their former boss - whose application for Hodgson's job was turned down.

Hodgson said: 'I suppose it does [disappoint me].

'But that seems like it is going to be part of life at Liverpool.

'I think we are trying to do the best job we can in the circumstances and I don't know that that type of singing helps anyone.'

Dalglish was the last Liverpool boss to win a top-flight title after claiming the Football League championship in 1990 - his third as manager and seventh overall with the club.

He left to take over at Blackburn the following year - winning the Premier League in 1995 - and although the Scot returned to Anfield in 2009 it was as head of football development rather than with the first-team.

It emerged after Hodgson was named as Rafael Benitez's successor that Dalglish had applied for the job but was turned down - and the former Fulham coach still appears to be haunted by this information leak.

'If the club decide they want to give the job to somebody else then I'll have to accept it,' he responded defiantly, after being questioned about his position at the weekend.

'The fans can chant for whoever they want and it will be up to the club to decide what they want to do.

'I can't get upset every time the fans chant someone's name. Fans make their frustrations felt every time we lose a game - but unfortunately they may have to do that a few more times this season, because I can't see us winning every game.'

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/847236-roy-hodgson-i-ll-never-escape-liverpool-spectre-of-kenny-dalglish#ixzz1fhSPAxjF

Don't have anything against Liverpool the way some people do, but watching this blow up in their faces should be quite entertaining. Really don't think Hodgson deserved that treatment either.

This Liverpool obsession needs to stop.  :puke:

I know too many Liverpool fans. I live with two and a lot of my close relations are Liverpool fans. It's only natural that I want to see them crash and burn. I don't think there's a team I hate more.

When you consider how they did after New Year last season, they're going to have to have another brilliant run to match it.

Think their baseline was champions league and you have to win at places like Fulham to get into that group.