The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Guest ObiChrisKenobi
The Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish has accused the Football Association of not setting a good example in successfully appealing Wayne Rooney's three-match international ban.

The news that the Manchester United striker's Uefa suspension was reduced to two matches arrived at the same time as Dalglish was addressing the media at a press conference.

The Scot is deeply unhappy at the treatment of one of his own players, Luis Suárez, both on and off the pitch. Liverpool's Uruguay international, already facing a racism charge dating back to October, has been charged with misconduct after allegedly making an obscene gesture to fans following the 1-0 defeat at Fulham on Monday.

Dalglish believes the FA should look at their own actions before tackling other issues.

"I find it a bit strange the FA are supposed to be setting an example for things yet they appeal against Wayne Rooney's three-match ban. I don't think that's a good example to set."

Dalglish labelled the way the FA have dragged their heels over Suárez's racism charge as a "joke".

The alleged racist incident with Manchester United's Patrice Evra occurred in the 1-1 draw at Anfield in mid-October. No date for a hearing – at which Suárez will deny the allegations against him – has been set.

"The fact it has taken nine weeks to get a decision on one of the other charges is a bit of a joke as well," added Dalglish. "I don't think that has helped as well. The circus which is around about him has been caused mainly by that. That will be done sooner rather than later and we will move forward."

:yao: :yao: :yao:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

People are saying that an overhead projector was used during the press conference to show of all the unpunished fouls on Suarez this season.  :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Looks like its true?!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16086553.stm

"I don't think that has helped as well. The circus which is around about him has been caused mainly by that."

A screen was lowered at the Liverpool press conference on which the club played what they said was a series of unpunished infringements against Suarez during the Fulham game.

Dalglish has already indicated he thought referee Kevin Friend did not give his team the benefit of 50-50 decisions during Monday's match.

f***ing hell. Someone should counter with one for all his diving and cheating. 

Would f***ing love it.

Aye, would be a real eye opener but Dalglish will probably say that the footage was fabricated and altered.