The Liverpool Thread

Parky

As some has said, all clubs have a racist element and all clubs will have fans who are not really racist but shout out stupid shit but Liverpool will be scrutinised even more than other clubs given their stance on Suarez.

There is no way anyone should accept this behaviour regardless of what they earn, if the fans was just calling him garbage then fair enough but singling him out for being a different colour is unacceptable.

Disappointingly I've heard a fair bit of casual racism at st james' directed towards our own players in the last couple of matches. It's f***ing terrible and a massive shame that we're afflicted by the same parasites in our 'support' as every other club. The Suarez and Terry incidents should have reinforced the resolve of all fans, players, clubs etc to have a massive push to kick it out. I really hope it doesn't go the other way and give the idiots an excuse to think that it's acceptable to air racist views, opinions and insults.

I'll get off my soapbox now, but felt it worth saying. It's not just their fans

What's been said like?

It's the same fucking bloke every week who sits right behind us, he's generally a complete idiot and will say something racist at least once a game. It's weird though because it's rarely said in anger, like when Man U were chanting the racist bastard song, he said 'well, we've got a canny few xxxxxxx in our team as well'. He seems to just have no sense at all and thinks it's funny or something.

I'm considering making a complaint against him tbh but if it doesn't lead to him getting kicked out it's gonna make life pretty hard for us for the rest of the season, that's the dilemma.

Disappointingly I've heard a fair bit of casual racism at st james' directed towards our own players in the last couple of matches. It's f***ing terrible and a massive shame that we're afflicted by the same parasites in our 'support' as every other club. The Suarez and Terry incidents should have reinforced the resolve of all fans, players, clubs etc to have a massive push to kick it out. I really hope it doesn't go the other way and give the idiots an excuse to think that it's acceptable to air racist views, opinions and insults.

I'll get off my soapbox now, but felt it worth saying. It's not just their fans

I remember going to Portsmouth when Lua Lua was playing for them and heard some disgusting racist abuse aimed at Lua Lua from 2 guys behind me.  I turned round and kept staring at them (with hindsight it would have been easier to say something, but never mind).  One of them kept asking me if I had a problem and becoming pretty 'threatening'.  Once I pointed out the nearby police officers they quickly stopped, but it wasn't great having them behind me for the rest of the match.

Hilarious reading Red and White Kop. Total denial. Theyre still trying to claim that Suarez was using a friendly term towards Evra, whilst nipping him, waiting for a corner, in one of the most heated derbies in the world.

Guest Phil K

The poor kid even pointed out where and who the offenders were to the stewards - who did NOTHING. Convenient, eh ? Then Liverpool issue "No-one was arrested making racially blah blah blah" as if that made it not happen.

Always hated the mirror kissers. Never more than now. Dogleash was the fault here. He encouraged the whole thing, and got the fans involved against Evra. HE is the cause of Liverpool fans doing this.

Just report the fucker Venkman and request the club to keep your report anonymous. Even if they are not kicked out, it could be anybody within an earshot.

yeah fair point, i'll have to 'subtly' spot his seat number at the next match  :D

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Just report the f***er Venkman and request the club to keep your report anonymous. Even if they are not kicked out, it could be anybody within an earshot.

yeah fair point, i'll have to 'subtly' spot his seat number at the next match  :D

Anonymity would be class like. I've heard bad stories about confronting people at toon matches where essentially stewards etc do nowt then you have the racist/aggressive twat etc sat behind you for the rest of the season knowing that you hate them and 'told on them'. Yes, we're all grown ups, but the match is essentially a big school playground. We defo need to do something though. Next home game we'll have to do something

Anonymity would be class like. I've heard bad stories about confronting people at toon matches where essentially stewards etc do nowt then you have the racist/aggressive t*** etc sat behind you for the rest of the season knowing that you hate them and 'told on them'. Yes, we're all grown ups, but the match is essentially a big school playground. We defo need to do something though. Next home game we'll have to do something

I haven't confronted anybody for racism as I haven't heard any.  Last season some kids told me that some bloke 5 or 6 rows back had tried to spit on them and had hit me.  I checked the back of my jacket and they were right, he had spat one my jacket.  I took my jacket off and climbed over 5 or 6 rows of seats to get at that bloke and basically threatened to rip his head off, I was really pissed off at the time and had lost all self control.  A Steward came up and asked what had happened and I told him and he went up and said something to them, they didn’t re-appear at any other game and they had been at all of the games up to that point so I don’t know if they were banned or just thought better of coming back.

I followed him and his two kids’ (mid 20’s) out of the ground and onto Barrack Road and again threatened him but the three of them bottled it which I’m glad about as I would have only ended up getting nicked.

Anonymity would be class like. I've heard bad stories about confronting people at toon matches where essentially stewards etc do nowt then you have the racist/aggressive t*** etc sat behind you for the rest of the season knowing that you hate them and 'told on them'. Yes, we're all grown ups, but the match is essentially a big school playground. We defo need to do something though. Next home game we'll have to do something

I haven't confronted anybody for racism as I haven't heard any.  Last season some kids told me that some bloke 5 or 6 rows back had tried to spit on them and had hit me.  I checked the back of my jacket and they were right, he had spat one my jacket.  I took my jacket off and climbed over 5 or 6 rows of seats to get at that bloke and basically threatened to rip his head off, I was really p*ssed off at the time and had lost all self control.  A Steward came up and asked what had happened and I told him and he went up and said something to them, they didn’t re-appear at any other game and they had been at all of the games up to that point so I don’t know if they were banned or just thought better of coming back.

I followed him and his two kids’ (mid 20’s) out of the ground and onto Barrack Road and again threatened him but the three of them bottled it which I’m glad about as I would have only ended up getting nicked.

Sorry, being gobbed sucked im sure, but i feel this needs a ...................

http://cdn.overclock.net/f/f8/600x464px-LL-f86f57eb_600x464px-LL-a9f33f8e_watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

I haven't confronted anybody for racism as I haven't heard any.  Last season some kids told me that some bloke 5 or 6 rows back had tried to spit on them and had hit me.  I checked the back of my jacket and they were right, he had spat one my jacket.  I took my jacket off and climbed over 5 or 6 rows of seats to get at that bloke and basically threatened to rip his head off, I was really p*ssed off at the time and had lost all self control.  A Steward came up and asked what had happened and I told him and he went up and said something to them, they didn’t re-appear at any other game and they had been at all of the games up to that point so I don’t know if they were banned or just thought better of coming back.

http://cdn.overclock.net/f/f8/600x464px-LL-f86f57eb_600x464px-LL-a9f33f8e_watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

Wouldn't mess with wor Mick, like. He's a radgie auld cunt and no mistake. :lol:

I haven't confronted anybody for racism as I haven't heard any.  Last season some kids told me that some bloke 5 or 6 rows back had tried to spit on them and had hit me.  I checked the back of my jacket and they were right, he had spat one my jacket.  I took my jacket off and climbed over 5 or 6 rows of seats to get at that bloke and basically threatened to rip his head off, I was really pissed off at the time and had lost all self control.  A Steward came up and asked what had happened and I told him and he went up and said something to them, they didn’t re-appear at any other game and they had been at all of the games up to that point so I don’t know if they were banned or just thought better of coming back.

:lol: Aye, sorry about that.

It was a one off and I hope it doesn't happen again, I was embarrassed later when I thought about it.

it was just the way you told the sorry mate :)

Just seen the video of last nights incident. Pretty disgusting but at least the 3 dickheads in the Suarez t-shirts are quite clearly identifiable. Pretty disturbing though that the whole crowd burst into Suarez chants when it became clear what was going on.

it was just the way you told the sorry mate :)

Just seen the video of last nights incident. Pretty disgusting but at least the 3 dickheads in the Suarez t-shirts are quite clearly identifiable. Pretty disturbing though that the whole crowd burst into Suarez chants when it became clear what was going on.

This is truly fucking dismal, but if anyone needed a demonstration of precisely how Liverpool's position re. the Suarez affair is going to legitimise racist behaviour, this was it.

How the fuck are the Liverpool fans singing Luis Suarez name when Adeyemi is pointing to them? Unreal.

Even of they believe Suarez is innocent... what are they thinking singing his name to a black player will achieve? :lol:

Feel bad for the Adeyemi kid, and I know he's only young, but as a black man you can't allow such a thing to upset you so much. He has to know his worth, and not let it reduce him to tears like that. That is exactly what these idiots want, a reaction. Just calmly alert the ref, point them out, and then make sure you talk about it in the papers, interview after the match etc. Call tham all out completely. Give them no place to hide. One day he'll realise that most of these kind of people are really just envious of him deep down. It's really quite fascinating.