The Liverpool Thread

Parky

I can't remember seeing so much sanctimonious shite in one place, as there is here.  What can't you understand about fans booing an opposition player that they don't like?  Am I to believe that SJP never sees opposition players abused in any way?  Surely booing is the least abusive.  I'd boo Evra long and ever before the Suarez thing, I can't stand the man, dislike the way he plays and dislike his conduct on the pitch.

As for all the condemnation of the fans and manager.  First you might have asked yourself why they've been acting the way they have.  You might have asked why Evra was allowed to say on French television the night after,  that Suarez called him 'n****r' 10 times, only to say later he'd misinterpreted it and 10 times was just a figure of speech. 

Suarez says he called Evra 'negro/negra' once, he told the match referee that after the match,  he told the commission that, and anyone else who had an official interest.  It wasn't racist to him, as it wasn't to Evra's Spanish speaking team mates, who called him the same name themselves, even Evra is known to use it.

As there was no concrete evidence it came down to one mans word against another's.  The Liverpool team, manager and fans chose to believe that Evra didn't tell the truth, just as the commission chose to believe Evra did tell the truth.  I really can't see what peoples problem is with that? If the FA had punished Suarez for the word he used, even though not meant racist, and give him a warning and a two game ban I'd go along with it, but to believe totally one mans word against another, and then punish him with an 8 game ban just because of that man's word, is a joke in my eyes. 

And that is regardless of whether it's to do with racism or anything else.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHPxJTalbdlZJDdcVC5S6vmfFiYnB17I9vXQX_2gqR3rtUM4JQ0D7FhjYuxg

I can't remember seeing so much sanctimonious s**** in one place, as there is here.  What can't you understand about fans booing an opposition player that they don't like?  Am I to believe that SJP never sees opposition players abused in any way?  Surely booing is the least abusive.  I'd boo Evra long and ever before the Suarez thing, I can't stand the man, dislike the way he plays and dislike his conduct on the pitch.

As for all the condemnation of the fans and manager.  First you might have asked yourself why they've been acting the way they have.  You might have asked why Evra was allowed to say on French television the night after,  that Suarez called him 'n****r' 10 times, only to say later he'd misinterpreted it and 10 times was just a figure of speech. 

Suarez says he called Evra 'negro/negra' once, he told the match referee that after the match,  he told the commission that, and anyone else who had an official interest.  It wasn't racist to him, as it wasn't to Evra's Spanish speaking team mates, who called him the same name themselves, even Evra is known to use it.

As there was no concrete evidence it came down to one mans word against another's.  The Liverpool team, manager and fans chose to believe that Evra didn't tell the truth, just as the commission chose to believe Evra did tell the truth.  I really can't see what peoples problem is with that? If the FA had punished Suarez for the word he used, even though not meant racist, and give him a warning and a two game ban I'd go along with it, but to believe totally one mans word against another, and then punish him with an 8 game ban just because of that man's word, is a joke in my eyes. 

How do you explain this:

http://i.imgur.com/GBXOel.jpg

I can't remember seeing so much sanctimonious shite in one place, as there is here.  What can't you understand about fans booing an opposition player that they don't like?  Am I to believe that SJP never sees opposition players abused in any way?  Surely booing is the least abusive.  I'd boo Evra long and ever before the Suarez thing, I can't stand the man, dislike the way he plays and dislike his conduct on the pitch.

aye, that's precisely why people were booing. the suarez thing was just a coincidence.

I can't remember seeing so much sanctimonious s**** in one place, as there is here.  What can't you understand about fans booing an opposition player that they don't like?  Am I to believe that SJP never sees opposition players abused in any way?  Surely booing is the least abusive.  I'd boo Evra long and ever before the Suarez thing, I can't stand the man, dislike the way he plays and dislike his conduct on the pitch.

How do you explain this:

It's OK, because where that bloke is from, it's just a friendly dance.

Just say "he's our best player so ill defend him whatever he does". You'll Never Walk Alone, the answer to everything. Horrible club, cunt of a manager and fans who are deluded at best and racist at worst.

Look at the bloke behind! He's on his feet applauding the monkey impression. They're all at it!

Martin Jol too? Christ, that's terrible. I see Marc Watson behind him doesn't seem very happy about it all.

Look at the bloke behind! He's on his feet applauding the monkey impression. They're all at it!

Martin Jol too? Christ, that's terrible. I see Marc Watson behind him doesn't seem very happy about it all.

Appalling. :lol:

How do you explain this:

aye, that's precisely why people were booing. the suarez thing was just a coincidence.

I don't have to.  The man will be located and if found guilty of racism will rightly be banned from the ground.

I think even the most deluded scouser would admit that even if Suarez isn't racist, he still remains an abhorrent piece of shit. His past form as a cheat and a thug test to that. However the textbook defence is "never mind that, he's a good player so I'll blithely support him. YNWA."

Tossers.

:lol:

Suarez admitted saying to Evra "I don't talk to blacks" and you defend him? You're a fucking disgrace, you and your scum manager and your scum fellow supporters. Absolutely abhorrent.

and then pinching his skin!

but but but Evra said Suarez mentioned the word x number of times and yet it looks like Suarez mentioned the word y number of times! it's clearly a stitch up by the FA, Fergie and the CIA.

I think even the most deluded scouser would admit that even if Suarez isn't racist, he still remains an abhorrent piece of s***. His past form as a cheat and a thug test to that. However the textbook defence is "never mind that, he's a good player so I'll blithely support him. YNWA."

Tossers.

Oh c'mon ffs, 99% of fans go down that road with their own players.

'Scousers' getting a lot of stick for this atm. Loads of neutral fans having a pop at them which is a bit unfair on Everton fans imo. This isn't a Liverpool thing, it's a Liverpool Football Club thing. Everton fans don't behave like this. They're being tarred with the 'scousers' brush when it the odious scum who follow LFC who deserve all the shit that's slung their way. They're fucking arseholes.