The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Isn't "pass and move" the first thing you teach a kid when he starts playing football? Why the hell would you brag about your team doing the most basic of skills? "We're Liverpool, we like to kick the ball!"

Does make a rather good and telling point about the LFC supporters psyche: commemorate/fetishise Hillsborough disaster, but turn a blind eye to what they did at Heysel. :hmm:

I have oodles of sympathy with them for what happened at Hillsborough and the subsequent cover up and I do hope that the families get justice but I think it's extremely unhealthy to hold a yearly service in the manner in which they do. From a personal point of view I think that an all Merseyside cup semi would be a much more fitting tribute to those who lost their lives. I've absolutely no idea why they're flying off the handle because Alan Davies dares to express a differing opinion mind.

I have oodles of sympathy with them for what happened at Hillsborough and the subsequent cover up and I do hope that the families get justice but I think it's extremely unhealthy to hold a yearly service in the manner in which they do. From a personal point of view I think that an all Merseyside cup semi would be a much more fitting tribute to those who lost their lives. I've absolutely no idea why they're flying off the handle because Alan Davies dares to express a differing opinion mind.

I think it's a mixture of desperate anger at anything that could be construed as anti-liverpool and also a need to make a big deal out of anything

Guest bimpy474

Apparently you can if it's Liverpool. Or Sunderland.

Quite correct, although it is a side note that you may see slight over exaggerations and such on the internet work.

You're telling this to a member of RAWK???

Sarcastically or not, whatever you prefer.

Apparently you can if it's Liverpool. Or Sunderland.

Quite correct, although it is a side note that you may see slight over exaggerations and such on the internet work.

You're telling this to a member of RAWK???

Sarcastically or not, whatever you prefer.

Was taken and meant in humour :)

O0

Just listened to his comments and I honestly don't see what's wrong with what he says, he explains himself well puts his comments into context and says he understands it's a truly awful tragedy.

There is almost a case for Liverpool playing on that day every year to celebrate the people that died tragically doing what they loved. Ask yourselves this question if something similar happened to us and you were one of the victims would you want us to never play on that day again? Or would you rather it became a celebration of your lives and how you choose to live it, and your dedication to your club and city.

The political fall out and the inquiries and how it was reported are a separate issue and I understand the need to fully pursue that to find out what the "truth" actually was. Everyone who was in that ground both fan/police/player/manager/steward has an account of what happened and the truth of that day whatever it may be should be fully aired.

If this is bullshit mods feel free to delete it.

The Hillsborough Justice Campaign have refused the £1000 donation.

Seriously, what the f***?

Just , what? Seriously, just fuck off, it's not even about the dead anymore.

Hasn't been about the dead for some time.