The Liverpool Thread

Parky

I can't understand why Hicks and Gilette want to stall the sale to the point at which Liverpool go into administration. They'll attract even less money if the club is on -3 points and bottom of the league.

Either they have a deal lined up that only they know about that gives them a better price (which seems unlikely when there's no reason Liverpool couldn't just accept that bid instead) or they are willing to see the club burn and accept an even greater loss just to do so.

this

So they'd each pay £70m+ just to see Liverpool on negative points? I know many on here don't like the club all that much - and I'm the same - but come on. :lol:

They are going to lose £144m regardless of a points deduction.

New bidder would probably take the club for the same price as NESV with the deduction. Oh and Lim owns loads of Manu bars/cafes around Asia...Pool fans going nuts think its a stitch-up!  :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I can't understand why Hicks and Gilette want to stall the sale to the point at which Liverpool go into administration. They'll attract even less money if the club is on -3 points and bottom of the league.

Either they have a deal lined up that only they know about that gives them a better price (which seems unlikely when there's no reason Liverpool couldn't just accept that bid instead) or they are willing to see the club burn and accept an even greater loss just to do so.

this

So they'd each pay £70m+ just to see Liverpool on negative points? I know many on here don't like the club all that much - and I'm the same - but come on. :lol:

its the only semi-logical explanation I can think of

That they're so full of spite and hatred towards Liverpool now, that they'd gladly try and sink to the bottom of the sea as a last parting shot?

anyway peter lim has offered 320m in cash for the club with 40m to spend in jan, kinda ruins any potential argument by rbs etc that the nesv offer is the only game in town

I don't see how any new bids are relevant. When they agreed to sell to the Americans Lims bid was the same which shows they were right about the true value of the club. The deal is agreed and this is just to see if they legally have the power to go through with it.

An extra 20m is nowt anyway in the grand scheme of things.

this

That they're so full of spite and hatred towards Liverpool now, that they'd gladly try and sink to the bottom of the sea as a last parting shot?

they seem so

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

David Cameron:

On hearing about your plight against the Americans, I have decided to cut an extra 1000 jobs, shelf winter fuel tax for Grannys, and I, myself - THE DAVID CAMERON - will go a whole week without pay. The Coalition Government *HAHAHAHAHA* would like to offer you, Liverpool FC - the last bastion of the Big Society - £100m pounds to help you on your way towards true world domination.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi
"Representative for Hicks and Gillett claims case against them paints 'misleading picture of the issues'. This case is not about, he says, the owners trying to maintain their ownership of the club. They accept reality that their ownership will shortly come to an end. It's also not about owners trying to put spanner in the works regarding a sale. The owners accept that some sort of sale will have to occur. They are not intent on stopping sale to NESV. The owners' issue is that the board did not properly enter into the NESV agreement in that the directors did not properly consider alternative offers and so it is they who are in breach of the terms of the sale agreement with RBS."

Interesting angle they've taken here, a lot more 'believable', considering the other bid that came in.

The only sane, not purely vindictive reason I can imagine for them behaving like this is that a bankruptcy might allow them to line up as Kop Holding creditors alongside RBS and recoup some of their loan.

this

they seem so

I don't think they are clever enough to think like this. I reckon they were trying to put the stoppers on it for a better deal, regardless of whether there was one on the table or not. They hear loss of 124m and automatically go against it. They are so blinded by money I don't think they've thought about the loss they'd incur if they blocked it then were unable to find another bidder.

Not that any of this matters like with this Lim deal. They'll be more than fine now, and ultimately more likeable again once those 2 buffoons go.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Imagine if HMRC popped up now with an unpaid tax bill.  :lol:

this

they seem so

I don't think they are clever enough to think like this. I reckon they were trying to put the stoppers on it for a better deal, regardless of whether there was one on the table or not. They hear loss of 124m and automatically go against it. They are so blinded by money I don't think they've thought about the loss they'd incur if they blocked it then were unable to find another bidder.

Not that any of this matters like with this Lim deal. They'll be more than fine now, and ultimately more likeable again once those 2 buffoons go.

The secondary offer that H&G's representatives refer to is from Mill Financial. The offer includes repaying all debts and putting £100m towards the new stadium. Mill Financial took over some of Gillett's stake. Mill Financial were meant to meet Broughton last Thursday to discuss a possible takeover but it was cancelled. Hicks and Gillett's representative wants to know why this meeting was cancelled. Mill Financial remain interested in buying Liverpool.

Would seem H&G are going with there were other offers that weren't even looked into angle.

oh now this is interesting

12.42pm: The secondary offer that H&G's representatives refer to is from Mill Financial. The offer includes repaying all debts and putting £100m towards the new stadium. Mill Financial took over some of Gillett's stake. Mill Financial were meant to meet Broughton last Thursday to discuss a possible takeover but it was cancelled. Hicks and Gillett's representative wants to know why this meeting was cancelled. Mill Financial remain interested in buying Liverpool.

H&G QC: Bid by Mill Financial (hedge fund who now own G's shares) would pay off all debt and committ to 100m on new stadium

:lol: they should have used a recording of H&G saying the same thing when they took over.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi
12.59pm: H&G's representative in court: "Claims Meriton wrote letter to Hicks and Gillett on Friday evening asking 'what was going on' regarding their takeover bid."

12.57pm: From court: "Owners have no idea what happened after 4.30pm on 5 October, according to their rep, and were not kept informed by the board thereafter."

12.56pm: Back to court, H&G's representatives: "Claims there was no meeting of the Kop Holdings board to discuss NESV deal and this should have happened. 'This was a matter for the Kop Holdings board and the entire board.' (ie it should have included Hicks and Gillett) Claims that this in itself is a breach of the sales agreement "

Very interesting. If any of this is true, H&G are suggesting that it was in fact Broughton and co that have ousted them from the club by ex-communicating them from any board decisions.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

H&G are coming back with so much unheard of stuff (though I guess it was in their interest to keep it quiet for court) that I'm not sure how much of it I believe. Will the Judge have to take a couple of days to digest all this?

H&G are coming back with so much unheard of stuff (though I guess it was in their interest to keep it quiet for court) that I'm not sure how much of it I believe. Will the Judge have to take a couple of days to digest all this?

i'd assume they have sworn stuff from mill financial at least to provide for the court

lot to take in alright

"Representative for Hicks and Gillett claims case against them paints 'misleading picture of the issues'. This case is not about, he says, the owners trying to maintain their ownership of the club. They accept reality that their ownership will shortly come to an end. It's also not about owners trying to put spanner in the works regarding a sale. The owners accept that some sort of sale will have to occur. They are not intent on stopping sale to NESV. The owners' issue is that the board did not properly enter into the NESV agreement in that the directors did not properly consider alternative offers and so it is they who are in breach of the terms of the sale agreement with RBS."

Interesting angle they've taken here, a lot more 'believable', considering the other bid that came in.

Except the first solid alternative came up today. Lim already walked away once when he heard what H&G were asking.

Even if Liverpool did end up in administration, I could still see the league coming up with a reason that they didn't have to suffer a points deduction.

Same reason they did with West ham.