The Liverpool Thread

Parky

apparently they're already calling him King Brenny.  For f***s sake 

Scousers in work calling him B Rod :facepalm:

http://humorcastle.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Edward-Norton-Closing-Laptop.gif

Told him he won't do anything untoward.. except announce to the world that he's ready to pounce if Sigurdsson wants. :lol: What a bindipping spunkface. Already sucked in by the Liverpool WayTM

Seriously, Jack, what the FUCK is up with these sigs ffs? :lol:

I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but did anyone see Sky Sports declare that, "King Kenny will be a very tough act to follow at Anfield"? That was during one of their 'exclusive' reports on Rodgers signing. What a bunch of tossers  :facepalm:

Guest Tyson

C'mon Gylfi, you're a good guy. Stick with Swansea!

Fine-tuning his skillset under Rodgers was probably a drawcard and a stepping stone phase in the players career originally, but now that plea should be directed to his agent (who has most likely filled the lad's head with visions of grandeur).

As another glorified flesh-trafficker he (the agent) stands to lose a bigger windfall, if Gylfi signs a less lucrative deal at Swansea. Honour isn't a characteristic shared by player agents. Using this rationale I'd be shocked if Gylfi doesn't perform an 11th hour change-of-heart & switch to Liverpool.

Liverpool's uncomparable financial resources vetoes any ball-park figure (transfer fee) established previously between the meagre resourced Swans & Gylfi's parent club. Previous chips & bets willo be taken off the table imo. Liverpool will end up paying a fee closer to 10m. 

Liverpool could do with increasing their Nordic following...

We could always donate Towelie and Kaiz' to RAWK.

Fuck that, there about 20 worse than them two.

C'mon Gylfi, you're a good guy. Stick with Swansea!

Fine-tuning his skillset under Rodgers was probably a drawcard and a stepping stone phase in the players career originally, but now that plea should be directed to his agent (who has most likely filled the lad's head with visions of grandeur).

As another glorified flesh-trafficker he (the agent) stands to lose a bigger windfall, if Gylfi signs a less lucrative deal at Swansea. Honour isn't a characteristic shared by player agents. Using this rationale I'd be shocked if Gylfi doesn't perform an 11th hour change-of-heart & switch to Liverpool.

Liverpool's uncomparable financial resources vetoes any ball-park figure (transfer fee) established previously between the meagre resourced Swans & Gylfi's parent club. Previous chips & bets willo be taken off the table imo. Liverpool will end up paying a fee closer to 10m. 

Yup.

Guest Eriksen

Rodgers: "Liverpool have a great history, they are on the verge of becoming history and I'll make sure they become history."

Pleased to hear! :lol:

Sky Sports ‏@SkySports

Gylfi Sigurdsson does not see himself signing a permanent deal at Swansea and he would be interested in Liverpool

Surprising? Nah.

So why did you leave?

I've always said - always - that I'm not the type to chase money. That wasn't a factor in my decision. I've always outlined that I have a career plan, and Liverpool is my next step in that. They're a step to the overall goal.

What is the overall goal?

If I told you that I'd have to kill you!

No, really, it's no secret. I want to win things. I suppose every manager does. I believe I can do that with Liverpool, or at least give myself the platform to show that I'm capable of doing that. That's the thing, even just being at a club like Liverpool gives you the platform to show what you can do. You have greater exposure. It puts you in the shop window so to speak, rather than in the warehouse.

What attracted you to Liverpool?

It's the shop window, as I said. When I was with Watford I was the same manager I was with Swansea. Maybe a few less wrinkles! Being at Swansea - in the Premier League - was a platform. Being at Liverpool is an even bigger platform. They're a great, historical club.

What do you think you're capable of achieving with Liverpool?

I think I'm capable of giving the team a defined style of play, that they've lacked for a couple of years really. You look at teams like Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Tottenham even Stoke, Swansea - you know how they play, and more importantly they know how they play. I don't know what's gone on before I came here, but it's football management at it's most basic. That will be the first thing I look to implement.

What players are you looking forward to working with?

All of them. I know that sounds like a cop out answer, but it's true. There's a danger when you start elevating one player's importance above the others. You've seen that in the England National team and you even saw that at Liverpool last year, which I won't get into.

From Brendan's latest interview. :lol:

[/steppingstone] :lol:

Anything concrete or is it just them taking a stab like everyone else who's assumed he'd back out?

Judging from the article, it sounds as if SSN are the only ones sounding the move:

Sigurdsson could follow Rodgers

Liverpool's hijack mission for Iceland international given a boost

Last Updated: June 5, 2012 9:32pm

Gylfi Sigurdsson does not see himself signing a permanent deal at Swansea and he would be interested in joining Liverpool but he has not yet spoken to Brendan Rodgers regarding a possible move to Anfield.

After arriving in January, the attack-minded Iceland midfielder took the Premier League by storm while on loan at Swansea from Hoffenheim and he seemed set to agree a long-term contract at the Liberty Stadium.

Swansea have agreed a fee with Hoffenheim but Rodgers, who was the manager to bring Sigurdsson to England while in charge at Swansea, has since moved to Liverpool and is ready to hijack any deal.

Sigurdsson, 22, has not put pen to paper on a contract amid the uncertainty in Wales following the departure of Rodgers at the beginning of June and the player is thinking about Liverpool.

"It's just unclear at this moment where I will play," he told Icelandic newspaper Morgunblaoio. "I'd like to play on with Swansea since I was really happy there.

"But after Brendan Rodgers left the club for Liverpool, it changed the situation."

Glorious history

Sigurdsson, who scored seven goals in 18 Premier League appearances, added: "I have said that my desire is to continue playing in the Premier League and Liverpool is completely considered.

"Liverpool is a big club that has a glorious history. The English Premier League is the platform that I want to be on and hopefully I continue to play in that division.

"I expect not to stay at Swansea as the uncertainty going on there and it is not clear who is the boss."

Liverpool transfer talks have yet to take place between Sigurdsson and Rodgers but the former has wished his ex-Swansea boss good luck at Anfield.

Asked if there had been contact, Sigurdsson said: "No. But I got in touch with him when he was appointed Liverpool manager.

"I wished him congratulations and thanked him for a great time at Swansea."