The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Guest BooBoo

On the Sky Sports story, all the Scousers in the comments are certain it's Demba ;D

Probably that Gaston Ramirez fella.

Demba's a very logical assumption tbh. I wish he would just stop dicking about and let the club know if he's staying or going.

Who did nothing of note at Roma last season.

That's not true, he was good for Roma last season. Played his way into the Italy squad.

Just seems like a convenient rumour based off them spending a year together at Swansea. I don't see Liverpool spending big on him, and I don't see Roma selling cheap.

edit: didn't even spend a year. Spent like 3-4 months.

That's not true, he was good for Roma last season. Played his way into the Italy squad.

So did Jordan Henderson.

Saw Roma quite a bit last season, and in most of them he wasn't playing.

Just seems like a convenient rumour based off them spending a year together at Swansea. I don't see Liverpool spending big on him, and I don't see Roma selling cheap.

He knows him from Chelsea too. Wanted him permanently at Swansea but the player had already agreed to a move back to Italy.

He knows him from Chelsea too.

Realised that after posting. Either way though, I find it hard to believe Liverpool would pay what Roma would rate him at. You've gotta be looking at something north of 12m, which seems insane to me.

Beeb reckon it is Borini btw

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18773700

Roma forward Fabio Borini is expected to become Brendan Rodgers' first signing as Liverpool manager.

The 21-year-old Italy international worked with Rodgers at the Chelsea academy and on loan at Swansea.

Talks between the parties are ongoing and although the deal has yet to be agreed, the potential fee is likely to be in the region of £8m.

On Monday Rodgers had stated that he was close to making an "exciting" signing.

"We hope to complete a deal this week which will be a real exciting one for the club," he said.

"He will be terrific, I'm sure. And the supporters will absolutely love him.

"Going forward hopefully we can bring maybe two or three more and then with the group of players that I already have it'll bode really well for us and provide us hopefully with that strength in the group to challenge in every competition."

Rodgers has admired Borini since the Italian scored scored six goals in just nine Championship appearances while with Swansea towards the end of the 2010-11 season.

The former Parma forward has one international cap and was part of the Italy squad that finished runners-up at Euro 2012.

One player who chose not to move to Anfield was new Tottenham midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson.

But Rodgers admitted that it was his reluctance to up Liverpool's financial package to match a more lucrative deal being offered by Spurs that meant the player moved elsewhere.

"We didn't lose out because of not wanting to spend the money [on wages]," he added.

"We lost out because the manager wasn't prepared to move on it. There's no doubt there'll be other targets and other people that we need to look to bring in.

"But we won't lose out on wages. If we feel there's a player out there in the market whose value and worth can add value to what we're doing here then we'll do everything we can to bring them in."

However, Rodgers did admit he does not possess endless transfer funds.

"We don't have a wheelbarrow load of money, there is not the money flying about people think there is," he added. "There certainly won't be as many signings as is being labelled out there.

"We want to work with the great players we have here and make three or four tweaks in relation to the squad that can help the group. We want to be competitive in every game and challenging at the top end."

Guest BooBoo

Tomorrow's Times reckons Carroll is on his way out.

Maybe not a popular choice but at the right cut price, I'd have him back. Being at Newcastle would add another 25% to his game. I don't think his heart has ever been at Liverpool.

Tomorrow's Times reckons Carroll is on his way out.

Maybe not a popular choice but at the right cut price, I'd have him back. Being at Newcastle would add another 25% to his game. I don't think his heart has ever been at Liverpool.

It's have to be comfortably under £10 million before I'd even consider it to be quite honest. Even then I don't think he's the player we need.

or the type of person we need. is he good enough to risk having all his other baggage back ?