The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Massive problem is the way they have overspent themselves into a hole. I know because we did it too. They spent tons of money on average players, and now have to attempt to spend a lot more to get out of it.

Seems a really, really difficult problem to solve unless Rodgers can get the current players to click in a major way.

The thing is, they are still generating enough money to get away with the major fuck-ups. In 2010-11, their income was ninth amongst the world's footy clubs. Matchday income was less than Spurs', TV money 18M less than Spurs', yet their "Commercial" income was 40M more - 77M against 37M. This was the year we were in the Champions League, too. Until everyone around them stops loving the "brand", then they will still be there or thereabouts. That's what's particularly galling about the continued media love-in, despite them being not so great and massively unlikeable cunts over the last couple of years.

They just need to keep being awful and their popularity will decline. There's still a big hoo-har about them because there's still essentially a generation of people that were glory hunters/were used to them winning all the time, before SKY brought all the money into football.

A lot of these people probably work in football media as well, and they, along with their fans, just cannot let go of the past. In a few years time there'll only be an older generation who will only remember them winning the Champions League once and having dispicable fans.

The CL win (and another final after that) made a big difference to their pulling power amongst players unfortunately. In the ten years prior to that, they generally scrabbled round and signed utter guff because no cunt wanted to play for them anymore. They did nick Hamann off us but that was a rarity, rather than what we have now which is once again the assumption within football and the media that every player is absolutely desperate to play for them.

Martin Jol: "Dempsey wants to go to play in the Champions League. Are Liverpool in the Champions League?"

:papiss:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a55/WildeRebellion/Gifs/Glee%20Gifs%202/tumblr_lhdpi9twjr1qzk9t5o1_500.gif

"9. His FIFA 2012 profile gives him 91/100 for acceleration, 90/100 for agility and 86/100 dribbling"

Jesus christ. I expect that sort of thing on a forum not on the official site. Wouldn't be surprised if that is how they do a lot of their scouting.

Guest neesy111

Massive problem is the way they have overspent themselves into a hole. I know because we did it too. They spent tons of money on average players, and now have to attempt to spend a lot more to get out of it.

Seems a really, really difficult problem to solve unless Rodgers can get the current players to click in a major way.

Relegation is the answer. :bluestar:

I know it's the Dutch league, but if it's true this Assaidi has 20 goals in 68 appearances from the wing that's a hell of a good ratio.

Bit shocked people are having a laugh at Keegan, his comments are mostly accurate to be honest. I can't understand why people are looking for any excuse to mock a club legend. You look how close we came back then and we might never reach those heights again, ever.

Unless they get a lucky break with Rodgers and get better, they're on the decline until they either pay someone ridiculous money to manage them and get them a title, or do it through knowing what they're doing. At the moment it looks like they're part way there by paying ridiculous money for people who don't know what they're doing.

I think Rogers will be good for them as his football philosophy is sound and then it really comes down to how well he can judge a player and their success in the transfer market. He's got a chance, unlike that fraud King Kunny who even after a flying start was always going to be found out in the end. Top four though? I think we've got a better stab at it than they have. Nice football or not, they still need good scouts to identify the right player. Let's see if Joe Allen justifies the £15m price tag and we'll have a better idea where they're headed.

"9. His FIFA 2012 profile gives him 91/100 for acceleration, 90/100 for agility and 86/100 dribbling"

Jesus christ. I expect that sort of thing on a forum not on the official site. Wouldn't be surprised if that is how they do a lot of their scouting.

:lol: Can just see it now, "So Brendan, you've received some criticism over your team selections today. Why did you choose to leave Henderson on the bench behind Adam?"

"Oh that's simple, Hendo's only a 75 overall while Adam is a 78, those three whole points could make all the difference you know!"