The Liverpool Thread

Parky

News Thump

Liverpool boss Brendan Rogers is hoping to entice new West Ham signing Andy Carroll back to Anfield just 72 hours after the out-of-favour striker left the club.

The club, who are level on points with Aston Villa, plan to use the January transfer window to offer Carroll a lucrative deal worth £40m and as much hay as he can eat.

Rodgers let the Plan B striker leave for Upton Park as he was convinced he would bring in Fulham’s Clint Dempsey with the offer of a semi-detached house in Bootle with round-the-clock CCTV coverage.

However, the deal fell through with Liverpool’s owners understood to be reluctant to meet Dempsey’s £20k demand for a new kitchen extension and perpendicular breakfast bar.

Rodgers admitted last night that Carroll’s departure and Dempsey’s failure to sign has left him with fewer striking options than a South African miner.

Liverpool FC are not alone in missing Carroll. Since his move to West Ham, bars and strip-joints in the city centre have reported their takings are down by 50%.

The under-fire LFC boss now faces the prospect of reassembling a strike force from the usable parts of Michael Owen and the remnants of Robbie Fowler’s nose.

Rodgers told us, “Andy is a proven goalscorer and has the additional advantage of knowing his way around the city’s complex one-way system.”

“Did I mention that he can have his old locker back?”

Last night Rodgers was quick to play down rumours of a rift with the club’s American owners despite finding a heavily-pierced dartboard with a picture of his face on it in an executive box.

Read more: http://newsthump.com/2012/09/03/liverpool-to-bid-40m-for-new-west-ham-striker-andy-carroll/#ixzz25QUwI4Q3

!

A preview of the Liverpool fly on the wall series, seems a bit like 'Hard Knocks' that they do for the NFL

They were talking about the documentary on the radio today and apparently it will show Daglish being sacked... Or at least the decision being made... Apparently that is why he had to fly out there... Should be interesting viewing...

Guest elbee909

Had quite an angry comment on the Rodgers article from a Liverpool fan... wonder if it was Gimp's mate? :lol:

Won't take long for it to appear on RAWK I suspect. Can't wait!

Yeah, prepare for a sour bombardment.  YNWA etc.

Had quite an angry comment on the Rodgers article from a Liverpool fan... wonder if it was Gimp's mate? :lol:

Salman Pilko,  there will be a scouse Fatwa put on your head.  Rodgers will sacrifice a goat to begin the proceedings.

You had better start dressing as a women for a disguise.

Salman Pilko,  there will be a scouse Fatwa put on your head.  Rodgers will sacrifice a goat to begin the proceedings.

You had better start dressing as a women for a disguise.

Yeah and get some pics. :lol:

The comments from the Liverpool fan and, I bet, any others who read it only serve to underline every single point that I make. It's great. :lol:

I'll have to go and live in a cave somewhere, and play gin rummy with Morientes, Hodgson and Comiolli.