The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Whoever buys him is still going to have the ban, so that'll knock a bit off the price as well.

Won't the ban only apply to FA-sanctioned games? Like, in England?

French FA upheld Barton's ban, but countries are under no obligation to do so and I hink that example is an exception to the rule. The FA didn't with Suarez' Ajax ban when Liverpool signed him for example.

Whoever buys him is still going to have the ban, so that'll knock a bit off the price as well.

Won't the ban only apply to FA-sanctioned games? Like, in England?

French FA upheld Barton's ban, but countries are under no obligation to do so and I hink that example is an exception to the rule. The FA didn't with Suarez' Ajax ban when they signed him for example.

Ah right, will be interesting to see. Hopefully he fucks off out of the country anyway.

For me, it doesn't make a jot of difference what's happened with other incidents, fact is he bit someone and 10 games is fair do's imo.  f***, the c*** should be f***ed off altogether, imagine a 'normal' person just bit someone they worked with? Sacked, police and involved etc, this c*** gets a 10 game ban and a fine, even though he'll still be picking up a massive wage whilst sitting out of games so the fines pretty much pointless.

Balls, hope the c*** get's out of the premier league.

bite was not that bad, wasnt even a love bite.

hardly career threatening,  he clearly did it to try and get ivanovic sent off expecting a big reaction in return.

not the first to try and get another fellow player sent off.

As hilarious as it is, the FA really are a joke. Just plucking random numbers from wherever with no consistency, deciding which incidents to punish and which not to based on technicalities. The fact Defoe got away with just a yellow for an identical incident, whereas another player is given a 10 game ban... it's absurd.

It is. This is the occasion they got it right, though.

For me, it doesn't make a jot of difference what's happened with other incidents, fact is he bit someone and 10 games is fair do's imo.  f***, the c*** should be f***ed off altogether, imagine a 'normal' person just bit someone they worked with? Sacked, police and involved etc, this c*** gets a 10 game ban and a fine, even though he'll still be picking up a massive wage whilst sitting out of games so the fines pretty much pointless.

Balls, hope the c*** get's out of the premier league.

bite was not that bad, wasnt even a love bite.

hardly career threatening,  he clearly did it to try and get ivanovic sent off expecting a big reaction in return.

not the first to try and get another fellow player sent off.

Possibly, not clearly. Even so it's a rank thing to do and he deserves a massive, massive ban.

Interesting quote Stottie, I must say the Barton thing is the only time I've seen it happen. Plenty of players have bans still to fulfill if they ever return to countries because they were never carried over.

Regardless of that, I don't think 6 games will deter any CL club from buying a world class player.

No doubt half of these games are for Suarez' old diciplinary cases. He's a returning problem for the FA, and a hefty ban like this should make a good statement that they don't tolerate to be bullshitted by him anymore.

Glad he misses game vs us, hopefully he misses one game with us next season aswell.

As hilarious as it is, the FA really are a joke. Just plucking random numbers from wherever with no consistency, deciding which incidents to punish and which not to based on technicalities. The fact Defoe got away with just a yellow for an identical incident, whereas another player is given a 10 game ban... it's absurd.

It was always going to have to be more than 7. They couldn't punish him less than the Dutch federation did, that would have caused a shitstorm, and considering it's a re-offence of a truly weird act, adding one more match onto it would have been seen to be pointless. Taking all the factors into consideration, 10 is about right.

If this was just an isolated incident, I doubt he'd have got more than 3. That's why you can't compare a leg breaker and this scenario, in my opinion.

It was always going to have to be more than 7. They couldn't punish him less than the Dutch federation did, that would have caused a shitstorm, and considering it's a re-offence of a truly weird act, adding one more match onto it would have been seen to be pointless. Taking all the factors into consideration, 10 is about right.

If this was just an isolated incident, I doubt he'd have got more than 3. That's why you can't compare a leg breaker and this scenario, in my opinion.

:thup:

I didn't even consider the repeat offending angle, but you're right. Same was applicable for Barton's ban.

SuárezStats ‏@SuarezStats 4m

Luis Suarez has never been red carded as a Liverpool player, yet he will have served 19 games of suspension.

Amazing

Just shows how sly he is about it all the little scrote.

Gallowgate Toon :thup:

Nailed it, if anything i'm a little surprised the FA didn't give him more ( although i think the ban is fair) because of the Evra situation.

They have him 7 games for racism and warned him to his future conduct so going into this with that mindset i was expecting closer to 15 games even if that is excessive i thought that is what was going to happen.

Guest Geordiesned

It will be interesting if this incident has any impact on players voting for him as POTY. Chelsea votes will go elsewhere for sure now.

They've already voted so he could still get it.

It will be interesting if this incident has any impact on players voting for him as POTY. Chelsea votes will go elsewhere for sure now.

They've already voted so he could still get it.

When did voting end?