The Liverpool Thread

Parky

• 1 month later...

What was very interesting is that Liverpool played Melbourne Victory a day ago at the MCG - they had a crowd of 95,000 to watch, which is twice their capacity at Anfield.....

We can make disparaging comments about them, but with interest like that around the world, they are the ones having the last laugh.....

With a board/owner like ours we are light-years behind them, let alone the Top 4..

What was very interesting is that Liverpool played Melbourne Victory a day ago at the MCG - they had a crowd of 95,000 to watch, which is twice their capacity at Anfield.....

We can make disparaging comments about them, but with interest like that around the world, they are the ones having the last laugh.....

With a board/owner like ours we are light-years behind them, let alone the Top 4..

TBF you could have sent any of the top 6/7 clubs there and ended up with a crowd that size.

Humble, Respectful, and overall a fantastic footballing institution.

:aww:

Respectful my arse. Your lot were singing about Munich long before Hillsborough.

http://truenomads.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Oktoberfest-2012.jpg

I don't want to get involved in those debates. I always respect the dead and I wasn't born when those 2 tragedies happen.

Every team have their fair share of dickheads supporting them.

Discussion over  :p

:snod:

I don't want to get involved in those debates. I always respect the dead and I wasn't born when those 2 tragedies happen.

you said it

That's definitely true, but the Munich/Hillsborough thing is particularly pathetic. Both sets whinge and whine like little children about how "they started it" and continue singing the same disgusting songs/vandalising the oppo's stadium. Makes me ashamed, when I see shit like this:

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3136/172/400/w8re2o.jpg

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3136/172/400/w7kaau.jpg

There's no excuse for stooping to that level, no matter who started what.

Liverpool fans, who I know much more about, have a long track record of despicable behaviour. A lot of us simply won't acknowledge that (or blame someone else).

Reminds me of 'Justice for the ninety sinks'  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aye, it would have been better if likes of Anne Williams didn't pursue it, so Maggy's cover up would have been successful.

I don't understand anyone mocking the tragedies, or trying to downplay them with "they need to get over it".

If my little son died in that way, I'd go all the way as well. It's easy to say "get over it, who cares, it was long ago" when it's not you who's been affected.

Anyways, not the place to discuss it. Just my 2 cents.

Aye, it would have been better if likes of Anne Williams didn't pursue it, so Maggy's cover up would have been successful.

I don't understand anyone mocking the tragedies, or trying to downplay them with "they need to get over it".

If my little son died in that way, I'd go all the way as well. It's easy to say "get over it, who cares, it was long ago" when it's not you who's been affected.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,70035.2175.html

So quit banging on, just pretend someone mentioned Heysel, you lot generally have nothing to say on that subject.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,70035.2175.html

So quit banging on, just pretend someone mentioned Heysel, you lot generally have nothing to say on that subject.

Except that people were arrested and sent to jail for their crimes, we were banned from Europe, and paid for our crime. The guilty party was dealt with. We publicly apologized to Juve when they came over in 2005, and there is a memorial mosaic for it at Anfield.

You can't exactly say the same about Hillsborough, where the people who caused it are running about freely.

Anyways, last topic on this subject. From what I gather we are you guys' most hated team after Sunderland, but dismissing one tragedy by bringing another into it isn't the best way to go about it.

Back on football, I hope Suarez' situation gets sorted fast. On August 16, we should have a Perky-Rodgers score prediction come May 2014.

:)