The Liverpool Thread

Parky

It's so pointless.  Who needs that information?  Certainly not the general public.  I mean if you genuinely didn't know that the terms printed on that page are offensive, you're just a [insert 3/4 words from the page].

It's so pointless.  Who needs that information?  Certainly not the general public.  I mean if you genuinely didn't know that the terms printed on that page are offensive, you're just a [insert 3/4 words from the page].

8 down 4 across man, you 9 down 3 across 9 down 5 across.

How did nobody at LFC have the foresight to expect this?

Antoine Zammit, editor of fans' blog Empire Of The Kop, said overall he thought it was a "good policy" but said he thought it was "excessive" to claim the phrases "man up" and "playing like a girl" were offensive.

He also took issue with "rent boy" being in the guide.

Mr Zammit said: "Rent boy is just another term for male prostitute; while it could offend the individual it is not really an anti-gay term.

"This term is sometimes used to describe the players whose high salaries and lack of loyalty make them like prostitutes."

They're doing a bloody good job at attempting to overtake us as a national laughing stock.  Thanks Liverpool.

How did nobody at LFC have the foresight to expect this?

Antoine Zammit, editor of fans' blog Empire Of The Kop, said overall he thought it was a "good policy" but said he thought it was "excessive" to claim the phrases "man up" and "playing like a girl" were offensive.

He also took issue with "rent boy" being in the guide.

Mr Zammit said: "Rent boy is just another term for male prostitute; while it could offend the individual it is not really an anti-gay term.

"This term is sometimes used to describe the players whose high salaries and lack of loyalty make them like prostitutes."

They're doing a bloody good job at attempting to overtake us as a national laughing stock.  Thanks Liverpool.

Of all football clubs in this country - including the one I support - Liverpool are the one who have given me the most pleasure the last few seasons, they're just been so utterly hilarious, so frequently.

Always been puzzled. What is so important about Liverpool to us that we have a permanent thread dedicated to them ?

It started as Parky vs Roy Hodgson, in a manner of speaking, and then just became Liverpool because of general tidiness and the amusement value.

Actually it started with Benny the Benitez. :lol:

That's what I thought. At the time, seeing as we were the top-ranked side in Euro football, it seemed pretty daft to me.

Since then, not so much :(

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Clubs/Club_Home/2013/7/30/1375198489160/Liverpool-FC-produce-a-do-001.jpg

:D

Oh man. Writing lists like that would be my dream job.

"If by any chance Liverpool do accept a bid, and you move, I will find you and I will kill you.’’

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_eAv_6n_Gzlg/TKEsL4VwslI/AAAAAAAAFaQ/ZIfPMfKcNx4/s400/chav.jpg

(best I could do)

Always been puzzled. What is so important about Liverpool to us that we have a permanent thread dedicated to them ?

It started as Parky vs Roy Hodgson, in a manner of speaking, and then just became Liverpool because of general tidiness and the amusement value.

Actually it started with Benny the Benitez. :lol:

That's what I thought. At the time, seeing as we were the top-ranked side in Euro football, it seemed pretty daft to me.

Since then, not so much :(

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Clubs/Club_Home/2013/7/30/1375198489160/Liverpool-FC-produce-a-do-001.jpg

:D

Oh man. Writing lists like that would be my dream job.

Or memos like this:

http://www.lettersofnote.com/2009/09/ps-this-is-my-favorite-memo-ever.html