The Liverpool Thread

Parky

You can't give goals after 3 wins man, otherwise a few games without a win and he has to concede one. Reckon a few more games before a goal's given.

Aye that would be f***ing mental, almost as if we were judging them on results.

You can't give goals after 3 wins man, otherwise a few games without a win and he has to concede one. Reckon a few more games before a goal's given.

You never want to give Liverpool a goal, man :lol: Beating  a top four side after failing to do so last season warrants a goal IMO.

You never want to give Liverpool a goal, man :lol: Beating  a top four side after failing to do so last season warrants a goal IMO.

So the moment they drop to 6th which should be their par does Parky get a goal? :lol:

Next 4 league games are Swansea (A), Soton (H), Sunderland (A), Palace (H).

0-6 points = a goal for Parky

7-9 points = Nothing

10-12 points = Another goal for Rodgers.

Fair enough ?

Good.

Looks like Rodgers set out Liv well today. Deserves a goal.

• 2 weeks later...

So the moment they drop to 6th which should be their par does Parky get a goal? :lol:

Nah, it's like performance evaluations at work - if you're generally an average performer with flashes of above-average performance, you deserve a better rating than some dude who is an average performer with flashes of sub-par performance, even though you're both in the 'average' bracket overall. They're good value for 1-0 atm.

Liv nearly always start well...It all starts going south as christmas approaches...Bit shocked by the last few pages...I will nuke the whole of Liv before I resign.

Myth to be fair mate.

Since Benitez' sacking we've been in relegation zone in 2 of the 4 seasons after 5 days (under Hodgson and last year)

Liv nearly always start well...It all starts going south as christmas approaches...Bit shocked by the last few pages...I will nuke the whole of Liv before I resign.

Myth to be fair mate.

Since Benitez' sacking we've been in relegation zone in 2 of the 4 seasons after 5 days (under Hodgson and last year)

I mean the support don't really turn till christmas when you're lying 6/7 th...

As I said earlier been impressed with the movement and cogent style this season and BR deserves a goal. My goals will come when Saurez gets back and starts eating people.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/8930994/former-liverpool-boss-kenny-dalglish-defends-record-in-second-spell-at-anfield

Former Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish defends record in second spell at Anfield

Kenny Dalglish has defended his record during his second spell in charge of Liverpool and feels he over-achieved in his final season.

Liverpool legend Dalglish was sacked by the club's American owners in May last year and replaced by Brendan Rodgers after the Reds finished eighth in the Premier League.

The Reds had picked up their first trophy in six years in 2012 when they won the Carling Cup and also reached the FA Cup final, but that was not enough to save Dalglish's job.

The Scot has defended his record in that campaign, and believes winning a trophy and reaching another final was more memorable than finishing fourth and qualifying for the UEFA Champions League.

"What those boys achieved in 2012 was fantastic. To win the Carling Cup and to get to an FA Cup final was beyond any expectations," Dalglish said in his book 'Kenny Dalglish My Life' serialised in the Daily Mirror.

"Liverpool is a massive football club and they had not won anything for six years when I got there, but we won something in our first season.

"Yes, I would have loved to have finished fourth and I would have loved to have won the Champions League and won the Premier League, but it was never going to be achieved overnight."

Kenny Dalglish

"People will turn around and say we finished eighth in the league, but how many points would you swap for three Wembley trips? That League Cup was a trophy for Liverpool Football Club. I don't see that as anything but a positive. It's always pleasant to get a winner's medal.

"It might be more rewarding to qualify in Europe after finishing fourth, but who remembers that game when you finished fourth to get there? Winning a Cup final against Cardiff at Wembley and walking away with the Carling Cup was a day to remember.

"Yes, I would have loved to have finished fourth and I would have loved to have won the Champions League and won the Premier League, but it was never going to be achieved overnight."

Although he was hurt by his sacking, Dalglish, who was a club ambassador before returning as manager, has confirmed he would return to the club if asked to help out.

"I've always said that I'm happy to help Liverpool Football Club in whatever way I can and that hasn't changed in any way, shape or form," concluded Dalglish.

Guest firetotheworks

Remember last season man. Ah mint Suarez isn't playing and we don't have the tiredness of Europe hanging over us! Oh aye and we have Ben Arfa, Gouffran and Anita available! Things might be aaaaaalright!

Jonas, Tiote and Perch start. :lol:

0-6 :anguish:

"I've always said that I'm happy to help Liverpool Football Club in whatever way I can and that hasn't changed in any way, shape or form," concluded Dalglish.

To be fair he's doing a great job helping them at the minute by being nowhere near the club.

Remember last season man. Ah mint Suarez isn't playing and we don't have the tiredness of Europe hanging over us! Oh aye and we have Ben Arfa, Gouffran and Anita available! Things might be aaaaaalright!

Jonas, Tiote and Perch start. :lol:

0-6 :anguish:

Can you imagine Perch was starting ahead of Anita ... my God. Absolutely unforgivable.