The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Dalglish has a role at their club.

On par with Kinnear.

If you really think that you know nowt about either club.

Dogleash is an absolute legend and icon as a player and a manager at LFC, JFK is what to us again? Come on man, even if you are just trying to compare their ability as a footballing asset to each club right now there is absolutely no comparison. Dogleash is widely respected at the club, with the fans, last time out won a cup, bigs the club up, understands it inside out, JFK does what to us again?

Couldn't agree more.

Seconded.

Their level of delusion is definately comparable. I see your point, but in footballing capacity they're both detached from the current climate to the same degree. Neither is appointed on merit.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2426550/Kenny-Dalglish-My-Liverpool-return-success--Carling-Cup-win-better-Champions-League-spot.html

Annoyingly I hate them a lot less now.  Rodgers has has time to develop his philosophy, he's a NI lad, made some quality signings and they have been playing some class football.

Still a bunch of grief junkie twats though obviously.

The 3-5-2 looks great with Glen Johnson and Cissokho as the wing backs.

Once Coutinho comes back, and slots in behind the front two, they'll go up yet another level.

As stated before, definitely title contenders.

Still hate the scouse cunts but they are on fire this season, top 5 a certainty.  Nowhere near title though. I still think Chelsea will win it.

Our result against them looks decent when you see the games they have won so far and position in league. Just wish we had kept 11 men as we would have done them imho

I can't really spot that many weaknesses in this Liverpool team yet. Their midfield obviously is a concern, but they could very well strengthen there in January.

Sturridge, whilst in top form, looks a moody fucker. But even when he's seemingly out of sorts, he can still come up with a finish like yesterday's.

Their goalkeeper and defence seems to be sorted for now.

Losing a non-UEFA-cup-tied Suarez for a massive fee in January is probably the biggest thing that could damage their league campaign. Not entirely impossible if Real or someone of that ilk want to boost their CL push.

If they can hold on to him, add a midfielder and possibly another decent centerback, I see no reason why Suarez and Sturridge can't score the goals they need to win the title.

• 2 weeks later...

When did sparky get a flukey goal?

Think it was because we got a draw off them with 10 men? Never a goal like  :lol:

I believe it came on the back of an agreement with the liverpool poster here that if they don't beat us (or if they dont get a certain number of points by a point in time) that Parky'd get a goal. Should be disallowed imo.

Rodgers seems to know what he's doing.

I actually heard two fans on the radio on Sunday advocating getting rid of Rodgers.  One was going on about Wenger being the only world class manager in the premier league and Liverpool needing a world class manager.  They asked him he they should have chosen instead of Rodgers and he said "they should have looked at it objectively ... and brought Benitez back."

When did sparky get a flukey goal?

Think it was because we got a draw off them with 10 men? Never a goal like  :lol:

I believe it came on the back of an agreement with the liverpool poster here that if they don't beat us (or if they dont get a certain number of points by a point in time) that Parky'd get a goal. Should be disallowed imo.

Rodgers seems to know what he's doing.

Too right. Fuck that guy.

I actually heard two fans on the radio on Sunday advocating getting rid of Rodgers.  One was going on about Wenger being the only world class manager in the premier league and Liverpool needing a world class manager.  They asked him he they should have chosen instead of Rodgers and he said "they should have looked at it objectively ... and brought Benitez back."

Some Liverpool fans will only be truly happy with a manager that wins them every single game.

And 5-0 to boot. Every club has 'em.

And lest we forget, they're exactly the nutjobs the mainstream media look for because they're far more "entertaining" than people who talk actual sense.

Of course, when broadcasting the actual game footage, for which they paid ridiculous sums of money, they'll always have the blandest motherfuckers on the planet, like Michael Pissing Owen.