The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Shearer imo was the best striker in the world at Blackburn when Ronaldo was still at PSV.  The perfect number 9.

But Suarez this season has blew me away.  Goals, assists, dribbling, bringing others into play.  Carrying a team people said wouldn't finish top 4 into genuine title contenders.  If he hadn't missed those games Liverpool would be top of the league.

Shearer imo was the best striker in the world at Blackburn when Ronaldo was still at PSV.  The perfect number 9.

But Suarez this season has blew me away.  Goals, assists, dribbling, bringing others into play.  Carrying a team people said wouldn't finish top 4 into genuine title contenders.  If he hadn't missed those games Liverpool would be top of the league.

Back when Shearer was at Blackburn I'd say the quality of the defence around was a lot higher than what we have these days. Although the increase in pace now has to be taken into account.  Liverpool are having a major purple patch at the minute, but I can still only see them finishing third.

They were top without him.

I get what you're saying though, 3rd best player in the world  for me now. Can play across the front line too.

They were top without him.

I get what you're saying though, 3rd best player in the world  for me now. Can play across the front line too.

Been calling Suarez a better player than Ibra for a while and always get shit. For me Suarez is almost in the Messi and CRonaldo mould. He's not there yet, but if he played in the La Liga for one of those teams he'd be getting close to those amounts of goals.

doesn't shearer still hold the PL record for goals in a season from blackburn?  he was fucking unreal then like

Yeah they tell us on MOTD every week with Liverpools Alan Hansen multiple league/cup winner  :drool:

Another goal for beating Cardiff? Fuck sake, Rodgers deserves to be well in front but is he going to get a goal every time Liverpool beat a relegation candidate? :lol:

Think Greg just got carried away, got to keep Parky in it.

doesn't shearer still hold the PL record for goals in a season from blackburn?  he was f***ing unreal then like

Think that was over 42 league games but aye, think him & Cole for us have both hit 34 league goals. Awesome.

Him and Ronaldo hold it with 34 goals, I looked it up.

doesn't shearer still hold the PL record for goals in a season from blackburn?  he was f***ing unreal then like

Think that was over 42 league games but aye, think him & Cole for us have both hit 34 league goals. Awesome.

Him and Ronaldo hold it with 34 goals, I looked it up.

I thought 34 was the record before it became a 20 team league? I know him and Ronaldo jointly hold it for the 20 team league, and him and Cole jointly hold it for before that IIRC.

Ronaldo 07-08 or Drogba 09-10. Suarez will probably eclipse both at this rate, though.

I'd have Henry all day over Drogba's season. I'd actually have both those seasons from Henry. Scored from everything and created everything. As for Ronaldo, yeah it was his second last season for Man U that was amazing. Didn't he score like 30 goals?

Henry never gave Arsenal what Drogba gave Chelsea that season. Henry took penalties too.