The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Based on what I've seen of them this season, the only players I'd have in our starting line-up are Moreno, Skrtel. Im a bit conflicted due to experience vs. potential, but maybe Sakho and Benteke as well.

Edit: Sturridge as well, if fit. But he never is.

That is a bit ridiculous to say tbh. So you'd start Colback + Anita ahead of their midfielders? Is Perez better than Coutinho? Come on man, let's not get carried away after beating West Ham 2-1 at home. We've been absolutely dreadful this season and so have they yet they're about a million points ahead of us.

I did say starting line up, so nah, I´d start Shelvey and Saivet ahead of their midfielders. Not much between Perez and Coutinho for me, but I prefer Perez as he seems to be more versatile and hard working.

:lol:

Saivet before Can :spit:

Just a week or so ago Shelvey was on the bench for Swansea. All of the sudden he'd walk straight into the Liverpool side.

Only two players I'd say walk into that side with ease is Wijnaldum and Sissoko.

Some interesting viewpoints in here when viewed from the outside :lol:. A number of people - not the same ones, I'm sure - were scoffing at Shelvey just a couple of weeks back.

You reckon? I think he'd be a disaster. Too one paced for our team. Suites Swansea's pass and move. He'd be forced to go sideways and backwards with this squad.

I think he'd make enough of a difference. He's got the potential to take a game by the scruff of the neck, and some real nous. You don't need amazing to stay up, you just need to improve on the glaring weaknesses in the middle (defence and midfield)...

Starting Saivet ahead of all their midfielders when he's played less than 40 minutes for you :lol:. They're in the top half despite having a dodgy keeper and defence, and a big lump up front. Their midfield can't be that bad.

I get that every football forum is like this, but it's dangerously RAWKish.

Some interesting viewpoints in here when viewed from the outside [emoji38]. A number of people - not the same ones, I'm sure - were scoffing at Shelvey just a couple of weeks back.

You reckon? I think he'd be a disaster. Too one paced for our team. Suites Swansea's pass and move. He'd be forced to go sideways and backwards with this squad.

I think he'd make enough of a difference. He's got the potential to take a game by the scruff of the neck, and some real nous. You don't need amazing to stay up, you just need to improve on the glaring weaknesses in the middle (defence and midfield)...

Starting Saivet ahead of all their midfielders when he's played less than 40 minutes for you [emoji38]. They're in the top half despite having a dodgy keeper and defence, and a big lump up front. Their midfield can't be that bad.

Aye even Lallana who looks pretty shite for them would probably be good for us. Benteke is better than Mitro. Mignolet better than Elliott probably

Some interesting viewpoints in here when viewed from the outside :lol:. A number of people - not the same ones, I'm sure - were scoffing at Shelvey just a couple of weeks back.

Starting Saivet ahead of all their midfielders when he's played less than 40 minutes for you :lol:. They're in the top half despite having a dodgy keeper and defence, and a big lump up front. Their midfield can't be that bad.

What I'm trying to say, it's a bit embarrassing really. They're a better side than us both their starting eleven and their squad as whole.

Saivet's ludicrous, obviously. But Liverpool have been playing Lucas (I've heard he's playing well tbf), Henderson, Ibe and Milner, it's hardly a daft shout to suggest Shelvey, Wijnaldum and Sissoko start amongst that.

I was massively apprehensive about Shelvey at the time because he obviously packed in at Swansea, looking into it more though he could be a great signing and pretty much eactly what we needed.

Our problem has always been that our central midfield was horrendous, not our midfield as a whole. Sissoko, Wijnaldum & Perez are genuinely quality players, we just cannot get the best out of them often enough when the 2 behind are soft as shite and adverse to playing the ball forwards, and the defence is leaking goals for fun. Saivet and Shelvey will hopefully change that

Thing is you missed out that I had said earlier I was a fan of Shelvey as he's got an eye for a pass which I love :lol:

I just didn't think he'd be a great fit in with our current team. Happy to review this opinion after a season or two. He's off to a great start though but my concerns are can those around him maintain the rise in their performances :thup:

I like him as player as I admire players with a true eye for a defence splitting pass. I just don't think he'd fit in our team. We need power/pace in CM (and CD). JJS isn't athletic enough without the ball which he'd have to get used to.

Guest neesy111

is it just me or are they worse or as bad with klopp? :lol:

Jekyll and hyde.  Look good one week, look awful another.  Remember they started the season very average under Rodgers (and very boring).