The Liverpool Thread

Parky

I defended him earlier but yeah they're not really improving are they?

Fuck me. The fella's barely had a chance to impart his tactics, let alone buy players to suit them, and that's a stick to beat him with?

We're in one (worthless) cup final, and still in the other cup.

If we were, say, just one point off the relegation places, well, that would be a stick to beat someone with.

People writing Klopp off after seventeen games and no signings is exactly what's wrong with football. Even guys who have proven themselves to be brilliant managers are barely given a chance before people start doubting them. If Pep Guardiola took over a team and tried to implement his style in the middle of the season with no pre season work done it would be a disaster. You have to have a full pre season and at least a couple of your own signings to build a team

"Writing him off" is a bit harsh but I'm personally not a huge fan of managers who can only get results and improvements when circumstances are entirely in their favour. I prefer a manager who can adapt to what he actually has and get that working until such time as he's able to impose his ideas and being in players to suit it.

"Writing him off" is a bit harsh but I'm personally not a huge fan of managers who can only get results and improvements when circumstances are entirely in their favour. I prefer a manager who can adapt to what he actually has and get that working until such time as he's able to impose his ideas and being in players to suit it.

Unquestionably a valuable ability in a manager, but if you have the time and resources, the ability to build a winning side is better.

Unquestionably a valuable ability in a manager, but if you have the time and resources, the ability to build a winning side is better.

Sure aye. I'm not saying anything either way about Klopp personally, we'll see what he does with a summer behind him I guess. Interested to see what the expectations are for him next year, probably a CL place challenge?

People writing Klopp off after seventeen games and no signings is exactly what's wrong with football. Even guys who have proven themselves to be brilliant managers are barely given a chance before people start doubting them. If Pep Guardiola took over a team and tried to implement his style in the middle of the season with no pre season work done it would be a disaster. You have to have a full pre season and at least a couple of your own signings to build a team

Spot on. Do people think top managers all have magic wand to make any team play better? I'm sure over time he would get those players performing better than now, but regardless of who is the manager that Liverpool side is missing 5 top players before it can be considered Top 4 challenger again. Keeper is not consistent enough, centre backs are making mistakes, never replaced Gerrard or Suarez with top players (not that they could ever get same quality) and Sturridge being out for so long is a killer blow. I really don't think Benteke was a good signing for them. Just isn't suited to them at all.

Actually, good shout for us to try and pinch Benteke if we stay up. His stock will keep falling at Liverpool and they will want to rid for quick cash to bring in someone who fits their vision. Be good to have a set of 4 strikers in Mitro/Benteke and Perez/Armstong next season.

Absolutely agree with this.

Top, top football managers should be able to walk into a team like Liverpool and lift them up - especially this season fgs, Leicester (LEICESTER) are top of the league :lol: It might not be "Klopp's team" but they have a much better squad than Leicester and are absolutely underperforming.

His team selections and tactics have been very questionable so far.

It would take an absolutely terrible manager to crash and burn with Dortmund in the Bundesliga, as that league has very poor competition in it.

Top, top football managers should be able to walk into a team like Liverpool and lift them up - especially this season fgs, Leicester (LEICESTER) are top of the league[emoji38]It might not be "Klopp's team" but they have a much better squad than Leicester and are absolutely underperforming.

It would take an absolutely terrible manager to crash and burn with Dortmund in the Bundesliga, as that league has very poor competition in it.

Can't say I've seen that much of them under Klopp but I saw them vs Manyoo I think and they looked to be playing his pressing game with a group of players not really suited to it, and it seemed a mess. If Allardyce turned up at say Swansea where they'd been playing technical, passing football for a few years and he started trying to play his anti football with them he'd get called a shit cunt, and rightly so.

Who knows, maybe he's agreed with the owners that this is what he's going to do from day one and it most likely won't work so the season is likely written off. If so then fine but if they had actual aspirations I find it a strange way to go on, his style is not something all footballers can play clearly.

How much shit would SMC get if in the 85th minute he bought on Steven Taylor in place of Sissoko to play up front for "chaos factor" when we are losing 1-0?

On more than one occasion, Klopp has substituted attacking players for Caulker in a desperate attempt to get a goal back - seriously? :lol: How many other managers would that be deemed acceptable for?

Top, top football managers should be able to walk into a team like Liverpool and lift them up - especially this season fgs, Leicester (LEICESTER) are top of the league :lol: It might not be "Klopp's team" but they have a much better squad than Leicester and are absolutely underperforming.

The one thing Leicester have over Liverpool is balance. Liverpool's squad is bent out of shape and it has made it much more difficult for Klopp to identify his preferred 11. Leicester have the inferior squad on paper, but their first 11 has been virtually unchanged, and almost every one of their players (bar maybe Mahrez and Schmeichel) is performing a level or two above their station.

Top, top football managers should be able to walk into a team like Liverpool and lift them up - especially this season fgs, Leicester (LEICESTER) are top of the league [emoji38] It might not be "Klopp's team" but they have a much better squad than Leicester and are absolutely underperforming.

Dortmund were just coming back from being bankrupt a few years before when Klopp took over ffs. He built that club up to where they were and are now. He was unbelievable at Dortmund ffs

Top, top football managers should be able to walk into a team like Liverpool and lift them up - especially this season fgs, Leicester (LEICESTER) are top of the league [emoji38] It might not be "Klopp's team" but they have a much better squad than Leicester and are absolutely underperforming.

Dortmund were just coming back from being bankrupt a few years before when Klopp took over ffs. He built that club up to where they were and are now. He was unbelievable at Dortmund ffs

Dortmund were still a decent club when he took over - they finished 13th the year before he took over, which was classed as a "disaster". Klopp built a good team at Dortmund and had some great seasons with them, but the standard of football in Germany is pretty poor and outside of Wolfsburg, Bayern and Dortmund the quality is absolutely dire.

He started well with Mainz and took them up to great heights for them but nobody mentions how horrifically bad he was at the end of his career with Mainz though do they? :lol: He got them relegated and then failed to bring them back up and looked absolutely clueless in his latter time with them.

Klopp is a good manager, not a great manager - his hype is down to his likeable personality rather than his actual credentials.

Dortmund were still a decent club when he took over - they finished 13th the year before he took over, which was classed as a "disaster". Klopp built a good team at Dortmund and had some great seasons with them, but the standard of football in Germany is pretty poor and outside of Wolfsburg, Bayern and Dortmund the quality is absolutely dire.

He started well with Mainz and took them up to great heights for them but nobody mentions how horrifically bad he was at the end of his career with Mainz though do they? [emoji38] He got them relegated and then failed to bring them back up and looked absolutely clueless in his latter time with them.

Klopp is a good manager, not a great manager - his hype is down to his likeable personality rather than his actual credentials.

They got to the Champions League final taking Real Madrid apart on the way, it wasn't like they only beat shit smaller teams

Guest neesy111

I can't quite believe, this is even a discussion.  Wins 2 titles, including 1 double breaking many league and club records, in an attacking style that some believed was the best in the game and even being thanked by their biggest rivals (Bayern) for raising the bar in terms of quality for the league and he's just a good manager.

He started well with Mainz and took them up to great heights for them but nobody mentions how horrifically bad he was at the end of his career with Mainz though do they? [emoji38] He got them relegated and then failed to bring them back up and looked absolutely clueless in his latter time with them.

They got to the Champions League final taking Real Madrid apart on the way, it wasn't like they only beat s*** smaller teams

Aye, as I've said - they had some great seasons under Klopp but it still doesn't make him some sort of world class manager :lol:

SMC had great success with Twente, which was a great achievement. Sometimes, managers find a team and have a great time with them.

Klopp has been tactically clueless at Liverpool so far, it doesn't matter what lack of resources their team may have at the moment - they are massively underperforming and playing no better than us atm.

Lets just all ignore the rest of his career, because his time at Mainz never happened and his imperfections so far at Liverpool never happened either. Because he had such a good time with one club. :frantic: