James Perch

BeloEmre

He was excellent today,  MOTM by a country mile,  to be fair to the lad he's been really good all season,  he's come off the bench in loads of games, mostly to help the side see out wins and been nice and steady in virtually all his games in whatever position Pardew has asked him to play.  Seems to have learnt alot from last season when he was more reckless and picking up bookings for fun!

He was excellent today,  MOTM by a country mile,  to be fair to the lad he's been really good all season,  he's come off the bench in loads of games, mostly to help the side see out wins and been nice and steady in virtually all his games in whatever position Pardew has asked him to play.  Seems to have learnt alot from last season when he was more reckless and picking up bookings for fun!

Except the Arsenal game, Ive had the perceptions hes a f***ing joke of a footballer. All season hes looked scared of the ball, playing terrible balls. Did it today once or twice but in the end he had Cabaye, Ba, Ben Arfa and Guthrie helping him out meaning he didnt have to touch the ball more than once.

Awful technically but the way he destroyed their game the whole time has given me hope of him being a decent backup as a holding midfielder to Cheick. So impressed by him today.

He hasn't put a foot wrong anytime he's played since the Brighton match.

He's reaping the rewards of getting his head down and working hard, really pleased for the lad.

Wasnt very good against Blackburn or Villa tbh. But today he was immense. 

He hasn't done too much wrong all season. He - amongst others, is exactly why we're the best of a bad bunch if you like. Average squad players performing well, something other teams don't have. Well done Pards  :clap:

Except the Arsenal game, Ive had the perceptions hes a f***ing joke of a footballer. All season hes looked scared of the ball, playing terrible balls. Did it today once or twice but in the end he had Cabaye, Ba, Ben Arfa and Guthrie helping him out meaning he didnt have to touch the ball more than once.

Awful technically but the way he destroyed their game the whole time has given me hope of him being a decent backup as a holding midfielder to Cheick. So impressed by him today.

Disagree massively with the bits in bold.

Felipao is Brazilian. He doesn't have a fucking clue about football.

Please, elaborate why. My perception of him is one thing, would be interesting to know why you disagree. Possibly we have a different opinion on football or my personal feelings towards him clouds my judgement completely. I take Stoke game as an obvious example why I dont like (actually didnt like) him as a  footballer, he came on running around everytime he got the ball he was clueless what to do with it and deserved to be sent off for an awful tackle. Even today Pardew was telling him to calm down a bit, lunges far to much into tackles and I think the reason he was so so good today was that he was rarely under pressure so could easily play the ball.

Please, elaborate why. My perception of him is one thing, would be interesting to know why you disagree. Possibly we have a different opinion on football or my personal feelings towards him clouds my judgement completely. I take Stoke game as an obvious example why I dont like (actually didnt like) him as a  footballer, he came on running around everytime he got the ball he was clueless what to do with it and deserved to be sent off for an awful tackle. Even today Pardew was telling him to calm down a bit, lunges far to much into tackles and I think the reason he was so so good today was that he was rarely under pressure.

That's my guess. You're making out like he's been terrible all season which I don't believe he has been. He isn't the most comfortable on the ball but he's also more than adequate. He's decent technically, again not great but there's enough there for him to be in the side without people having to go off on one because he's playing. He's won a lot of tackles and headers this season and not backed out of a challenge. Every time he's played, he's ran himself into the ground and not bottled anything. I hope people start to lay off him a little more now as he's done a job when asked and can contribute to our remaining games.

Shame they've ditched the chalkboards thing, Perch's today would have been mint. Would be interested to see his stats, particularly tackles and passing %.

Ground covered as well. He was fucking everywhere.