James Perch

BeloEmre

IIRC the Forest fans thought DM was his best role too, isn't that the position he was playing when we signed him from (despite putting in a very good performance against Jonas at rb) Forest?

Thought he was absolutely superb.

Got into every challenge, passed the ball around well and ran his socks off - closing down, covering other defenders etc. MOTM by a landslide.

Full on Perchinho mode today. Got more and more comfortable as the game went on. Probably the only player trying to play positive passes as well as winning the ball back on several occasions.

While I remain totally unconvinced in Pardew as a manager, he deserves credit for this one. He's been right to back Perch when many have been too quick to stick the boot in prematurely. Good decision to give him Tiote's role.

His best game in a black and white shirt for me. Fantastic performance today, he was pretty much everywhere - he won the ball back so well and played it so simple. He was probably the starting point of all our attacks today.

Well done Perchy.

Very surprising today! Personally I think he can function well when he doesn't have too many responsibilities in CM as Cabaye, Guthrie and occasionally Jonas helped him out with the grafting. That left him with many interceptions to make and some time on the ball to make decent passes. Hats off to him, well done.