James Perch

BeloEmre

Guest Splodgely

From Daniel Taylor of the Guardian's Twitter:

'Undisclosed' #NUFC fee for James Perch was £1.2m(!). One of people involved: 'Great deal for everyone concerned. . except maybe Newcastle'

Grasping at straws.  I really don't care about the fee.  We signed a player that gives us some depth.  Solid pick up imo.  He only 24 and was a club captain. 

For Forest 1.2 million is a real load of money, is all that says.

Considering all you guys seem to do is harp on about how bitter us Forest fans are, you lot sure seem to have a chip on your shoulder in regards to us. We were top 6 biggest net spenders in the Championship for the past 2 seasons and are debt free. Yes, we were positively gagging for money. This isn't Jenas, you haven't just helped us stave off financial difficulties. In fact, from the looks of this forum, it seems like if anything, £1.2million was more than you guys were expecting to spend this summer.

As for Daniel Taylor, he's rarely, if ever wrong. Forest are one of those weird clubs that rarely report directly to the press (hence why you'll not hear us commenting on transfer stories too often, if at all, until they've happened), but word gets around anyway - that's how we found out about the Perch deal before you guys. I presume Newcastle run a tighter knit shop in respect to letting transfer targets loose? The way to be really.

The positives:

- relatively young.

- quick.

- model professional.

- athletic.

- can play right back, centre back, left back, centre mid and right mid.

- apparently pretty handy in the air.

- leadership qualities with experience of captaining a team.

Michael Owen eat your heart out :D

Guest Splodgely

The positives:

- relatively young.

- quick.

- model professional.

- athletic.

- can play right back, centre back, left back, centre mid and right mid.

- apparently pretty handy in the air.

- phenomenal tackler.

- strong mentality (seem to recall him stepping up to take a penalty no one else wanted to, but may be wrong).

- leadership qualities with experience of captaining a team.

Michael Owen eat your heart out :D

Amended! He's played at all those positions you've mentioned, and while I was tempted to strike out centre back and right mid too, left back's a definite nono. He's played there a couple of times, including our home leg against Blackpool, and been torn to shreds each time. He's not exactly the most dominant in the air either, but I've added two other qualities, one of which is sadly overlooked/forgotten by Forest fans (either that or I've fabricated it....but I hope I haven't!).

Guest Splodgely

Cheers :D was going off what I think you said on here and a forest fan on another forum (the one who said he wasn't bad in the air).

Perch has always proved divisive. It's only fitting that that continues in some way now he's left!

Really hope he proves me wrong and makes a success with you guys. I think I echo the sentiments of all Forest fans there too. If nothing else, you've signed someone who'll not make a scene and throughout all of our dressing room drama and off-field issues (the two clubs are very similar in many respects - portrayed wrongly in the media, and have suffered in the recent past), Perch has remained steadfastly professional throughout it all. Never a cult hero, but very much one who has quietly earned respect. I hope he at the very least gets the chance to do so with you guys too, even if he doesn't set the world alight.

I think the fact he has some pace will go some way to helping him succeed here as it's something we haven't really had in the majority of the squad.

I have to say despite a lot of negative comments I am cautiously optimistic. Pace, energy and bramble-esque shit your pants last ditch tackling, I can't help but getting my hopes up :lol:

Realistically speaking I think he will be a decent back up but that's something we need.

Considering all you guys seem to do is harp on about how bitter us Forest fans are, you lot sure seem to have a chip on your shoulder in regards to us. We were top 6 biggest net spenders in the Championship for the past 2 seasons and are debt free. Yes, we were positively gagging for money. This isn't Jenas, you haven't just helped us stave off financial difficulties. In fact, from the looks of this forum, it seems like if anything, £1.2million was more than you guys were expecting to spend this summer.

Surely you accept that Forest fans and Newcastle fans are going to have two entirely different views on what constitutes a substantial transfer fee?

Out of interest where did you get info on the top 6 spenders in the Championship for the last two seasons? (I collect marginally pointless financial Football info like that).

'Undisclosed' #NUFC fee for James Perch was £1.2m(!). One of people involved: 'Great deal for everyone concerned. . except maybe Newcastle'

Grasping at straws.  I really don't care about the fee.  We signed a player that gives us some depth.  Solid pick up imo.  He only 24 and was a club captain. 

As for Daniel Taylor, he's rarely, if ever wrong. Forest are one of those weird clubs that rarely report directly to the press (hence why you'll not hear us commenting on transfer stories too often, if at all, until they've happened), but word gets around anyway - that's how we found out about the Perch deal before you guys. I presume Newcastle run a tighter knit shop in respect to letting transfer targets loose? The way to be really.

Can't even spend your way out of the division, no wonder you are bitter.

I think he is a good signing tbh, young enough to progress with a lot of experience behind him.  £1.2m is nothing in football these days, yes money might be tight but id rather this then spunk £17m on Owen's again.

Transfers behind the managers back - can't work that like

Ouch. If that's true he's got to walk, knowing Billy its the start of walking. Like Keegan in that respects.

Guest Splodgely

Can't even spend your way to a title, no wonder you've been bitter. I'm not bitter thanks. All I've known as a Forest fan is shit, so I'm pretty much accustomed to it. Last year was a pleasant shock to the system.

Davies not knowing about it is pretty much for par here.  From the tone of his interview, it seems had it been a different player, he'd have been fuming, which tells me either he doesn't mind the deal we got for Perch, or he at least knew it was possibility. It's really nothing new though. Our Jan transfer debacle and Billy's reaction to it are the two reasons why we didn't remain competitive in the title challenge.

Guest Splodgely

Not that you weren't good enough?

They were the reasons why we weren't good enough, yes.

Guest elbee909

Crikey, touchy.

Can't even spend your way to a title, no wonder you've been bitter. I'm not bitter thanks. All I've known as a Forest fan is shit, so I'm pretty much accustomed to it. Last year was a pleasant shock to the system.

Davies not knowing about it is pretty much for par here.  From the tone of his interview, it seems had it been a different player, he'd have been fuming, which tells me either he doesn't mind the deal we got for Perch, or he at least knew it was possibility. It's really nothing new though. Our Jan transfer debacle and Billy's reaction to it are the two reasons why we didn't remain competitive in the title challenge.

You sound bitter, bitter enough to come on here and give us your negative opinion, there's got to be some bitterness to do that. I don't go sign up to a fans forum everytime we sell a player and tell them how crap he is, the bitterness doesn't flow like that with me.

Were back in the prem, that's all that matters really, you've go it all to do and a panel is selling players behind your managers back regardless of how you want to dress it up. He won't stick around for long, if an offer comes in for himself he'll leave and no doubt you'll chase down the fans forum and tell them all how shit a manager he is and you are quite happy to see the back of him.

Maybe we can sign him up, we need a new academy manager.

Guest Splodgely

Can't even spend your way to a title, no wonder you've been bitter. I'm not bitter thanks. All I've known as a Forest fan is s***, so I'm pretty much accustomed to it. Last year was a pleasant shock to the system.

You sound bitter, bitter enough to come on here and give us your negative opinion, there's got to be some bitterness to do that. I don't go sign up to a fans forum everytime we sell a player and tell them how crap he is, the bitterness doesn't flow like that with me.

Were back in the prem, that's all that matters really, you've go it all to do and a panel is selling players behind your managers back regardless of how you want to dress it up. He won't stick around for long, if an offer comes in for himself he'll leave and no doubt you'll chase down the fans forum and tell them all how s*** a manager he is and you are quite happy to see the back of him.

Crikey, touchy.

Yeah sorry, know I overreacted a bit. Combination of heat and having been accused of bitterness by quite a few Newcastle fans I guess.

Can't even spend your way to a title, no wonder you've been bitter. I'm not bitter thanks. All I've known as a Forest fan is s***, so I'm pretty much accustomed to it. Last year was a pleasant shock to the system.

Were back in the prem, that's all that matters really, you've go it all to do and a panel is selling players behind your managers back regardless of how you want to dress it up. He won't stick around for long, if an offer comes in for himself he'll leave and no doubt you'll chase down the fans forum and tell them all how s*** a manager he is and you are quite happy to see the back of him.

Actually, I signed up in January when your interest in Perch had become apparent to appease Newcastle fans that he wouldn't be a total catastrophe in the Championship, but nevertheless to share my bemusement in regards to your actual interest. Forest were still very much competitive at that time in terms of league position, our game against you was still to come, and I simply signed up to offer an opposition's perspective, as I know I'd appreciate if the shoe had been on the other foot. Of course, now the transfer has actually gone through, I'm bitter. Fine. If that's how you handle it, then fair enough.

I wouldn't care if Billy left if you really want to know. Would probably be a bit miffed, a bit annoyed, but his moaning in the press has annoyed me, and his inability to take the blame, and instead find his excuse in our 'young' squad does get a little frustrating when tactical failures were evident in our play-off embarrassment.

I for one was delighted to see you guys go back up. I have no grudge over an FA Cup game that happened before my time (I empathise with those who were around, including my dad who was there, but not those who carry it for the sake of having one), and as a supporter of '2 times European champions' Forest, whose supporters clearly believe they're as big as Man Utd and deserve to be back in the 'big time', and shouldn't have slummed it in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy against Chester, and in League One, I know exactly what it's like to be misrepresented by the media. Both sets of fans seem to carry the media's misconceptions of the other set of fans - that's the irony of the two clubs really. But yes, I'm bitter of your success and bitter about Perch leaving us for a decent fee. I apologise fully for trying to give you guys an insight, as evidently it was just a sign of bitterness on my part.

Perch is not Steven Carr so I am very pleased.

Splodgely:Forest are my bet for going up as champions next year. A young team that was only let down by experience in the end. Next year you won't have those problems irregardless of Perch. Let's hope you can hold onto your team.