James Perch

BeloEmre

The amount of stick certain posters give Perch is unbelievable. Yes, he has been exposed a couple of times so far, but he certainly has talent. Perch has spent the last six years playing in a league where Jerome Thomas, Darren Ambrose and Peter Whittingham are the most threatening wingers, so it's insane to expect him to have Nani in his back pocket in his first premiership game. Give him some time ffs.

That's rubbish, for a start.

He's got pace and strength and showed with his block against Villa he also has a nose for danger. I'm sure he'll improve and learn to stay on his feet in the box. Still wish we'd moved for Hutton to mirror the raids of Jose.

I disagree, he seems like a very poor football player.

He's not strong, hes weak as shit, his crossing is abysmal. He himself is utter shit as a player.

Look, he has three yellow cards in 3 matches and should've had 4 or 5 already. We got lucky with his bad tackle against Wolves.

I'm sorry but the amount of stick he gets is deserved, however I hope he'll prove me wrong.

He's struggled at times, but is showing promise.  It is a shame he is having to go in as a starter straight away as it is exposing him a bit.  He has some promise though.  He's quick and can make decent tackles.  His decision making isn't the best though as eviddenced by his current average of a booking per game.

You can attribute blame to both Williamson and Perch for their goal, but mostly I think you just have to put it down as a lovely bit of play from the goalscorer.

That said, Perch does look a bit lost out there at the moment. Think he could be a decent player with some proper coaching though, he's a very good athlete which certainly helps his cause.

Spot on, I said somewhere else but not every goal always has to be someones fault. There wouldn't be a good defender around if it was the case.

The penalty would have been his thought if given though obviously.

I am concerned about his wreckless play and hope once he settles a bit that will calm down a little. I am not overly confident on him but it's crazy to decide now that he isn't good enough.

AMEN! AMEN! PRAISE THE LORD SOMEONE SPEAKS THE TRUTH!!

He's got pace and strength and showed with his block against Villa he also has a nose for danger. I'm sure he'll improve and learn to stay on his feet in the box. Still wish we'd moved for Hutton to mirror the raids of Jose.

He's not strong, hes weak as s***, his crossing is abysmal. He himself is utter s*** as a player.

Look, he has three yellow cards in 3 matches and should've had 4 or 5 already. We got lucky with his bad tackle against Wolves.

I'm sorry but the amount of stick he gets is deserved, however I hope he'll prove me wrong.

Unduly harsh.  Not sure if you've seen all of the Wolves game for instance - but he has some redeeming qualities.  Pace, decent passing in the main and he can actually cross (though maybe not consistently)

Guest sicko2ndbest

First impressions are he is ok

Positives

Quick

Committed

Negatives

Looks lightweight

Poor distribution

Does anyone remember Evra when he joined Man Utd in January transfer window?  It took him 6 months to adjust to the speed of the Premiership.  So how can anyone write off a player after 3 competitive games is beyond me.

Does anyone remember Evra when he joined Man Utd in January transfer window? It took him 6 months to adjust to the speed of the Premiership. So how can anyone write off a player after 3 competitive games is beyond me.

I remember someone on Redcafe saying he was fucking shite and a mistake to buy him. At half time in his first match. :lol:

Guest localhero87

Perch will be a good business decision in the long run. I say this because he'll fit in well as a squad player, come in when needed and do at least the bare minimum to be considered decent. He's a good utility player.

Sure, he's not great, and I'd say the main reason he's played the first 3 games is simply due to injuries to other defenders, but he's done the job.

Bit shaky, but other than that he's up to scratch.

Guest BooBoo

He's not strong, hes weak as shit, his crossing is abysmal. He himself is utter shit as a player.

Christ. At least i gave Jose 15 months before ripping him.

You are either fishing for bites, or you're basing your impressions of him on match highlights.

4 to 5 yellow cards in 3 games :lol: Granted he got lucky in the Wolves game (first time I saw it I thought he got the ball) but you could also say he was unlucky to pick up a yellow in the Aston Villa match.

Guest secteur2010

Disappointed with the "lunge" that could have resulted in a penna but this lad has time on his side.

He's going to be very important this season.

Disappointed with the "lunge" that could have resulted in a penna but this lad has time on his side.

Funny thing though, a fraction of a second quicker with that 'lunge' and he'd have been a hero.

Guest secteur2010

Funny thing though, a fraction of a second quicker with that 'lunge' and he'd have been a hero.

two sides to every story...

Guest firetotheworks

:lol: I don't know quite what to say to that.

:lol: I don't know quite what to say to that.

Aye. :lol:

Like a golfer missing a short putt to win a title and someone saying "If the putt had gone in, it would have been a great putt."