Who would you rather we had signed today?

Colocho
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

James Perch

24 years old

English

5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)

Defender/Midfielder

190 games, 12 goals for Nottingham Forest

Cost - £1m? Wages £15,000 a week?

Kris Boyd

26 years old

Scottish

6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)

Centre forward

164 goals in 296 SPL games

153 games, 63 goals for Kilmarnock (1999-2006)

143 games, 101 goals for Rangers (2006-2010)

Cost - Free (signing on fee £100,000?) Wages £18,000 a week?

Guest gggg

The one who hasn't score the majority of his goals against league two teams and gets left out whenever his team play anyone top half championship standard?

Guest guinness_fiend

Perch, because we need more English players and reliable back-up for our defence and midfield.  Plus, he seems like a decent attacking defender. 

Boyd doesn't tick any of those boxes. 

Perch, because we need more English players and reliable back-up for our defence and midfield.  Plus, he seems like a decent attacking defender. 

British/English-speaking I can understand. But English ... why?

I think Hughton is more inclined to sign English players anyway tbh. I think we've missed out on a great chance to sign a true goal-scoring poacher here, the fact we're so close to Scotland compared to other clubs would have given us an advantage as well.

Guest Heneage

Gregory Van Der Wiel.

22 years old

Dutch

5ft 11 in 1/2

Full back (Right)

Ajax Amsterdam 76 apps, 8 goals.

Fee; €6m wages £15k.

Gregory Van Der Wiel.

22 years old

Dutch

5ft 11 in 1/2

Full back (Right)

Fee; €6m wages £15k.

Not in a million years.

Why?

Textbook.

Guest Heneage

Gregory Van Der Wiel.

22 years old

Dutch

5ft 11 in 1/2

Full back (Right)

Fee; €6m wages £15k.

Not in a million years.

You'd be surprised they only made Arsenal pay 10m for Vermalen who was much better in the Eredivisie. Mind you I was saying we should have been signing him before the World Cup as it would only enhance his value, I knew he wouldn't have a poor tournament.

Gregory Van Der Wiel.

22 years old

Dutch

5ft 11 in 1/2

Full back (Right)

Fee; €6m wages £15k.

Not in a million years.

You'd be surprised they only made Arsenal pay 10m for Vermalen who was much better in the Eredivisie. Mind you I was saying we should have been signing him before the World Cup as it would only enhance his value, I knew he wouldn't have a poor tournament.

Aye i remember you've been touting him for a while, he's certainly impressed which has probably added an extra couple of million to his fee. His wages would be about £40k p/w n all id reckon.

Guest guinness_fiend

Why?

Potential rule changes and requirements regarding the nationality of players.  Plus, I'd rather we bought a player from a non-league team south of the border than take a punt on someone from the SPL.  I cannot remember many players from north of the border who have made the transition from Mickey Mouse to proper league (excluding those that started their careers in England).

Also, the value of English players appreciates a lot quicker than their Scottish counterparts, whether rightly or wrongly.

Guest Heneage

Gregory Van Der Wiel.

22 years old

Dutch

5ft 11 in 1/2

Full back (Right)

Fee; €6m wages £15k.

Not in a million years.

Aye i remember you've been touting him for a while, he's certainly impressed which has probably added an extra couple of million to his fee. His wages would be about £40k p/w n all id reckon.

I guess :(

Holland, Denmark, and Belgium is where we need to be looking to be honest. Lots of players we could get for €3-7m

Why?

Potential rule changes and requirements regarding the nationality of players.  Plus, I'd rather we bought a player from a non-league team south of the border than take a punt on someone from the SPL.  I cannot remember many players from north of the border who have made the transition from Mickey Mouse to proper league (excluding those that started their careers in England).

no 1 the new rules don't consider nationality (and any possible future rules can't do that under eu law) no 2 we're more than stocked in appropriate players to meet the requirements

Gregory Van Der Wiel.

22 years old

Dutch

5ft 11 in 1/2

Full back (Right)

Fee; €6m wages £15k.

Easily worth £7m, would command wages of at least £25k in today's market.

Gregory Van Der Wiel.

22 years old

Dutch

5ft 11 in 1/2

Full back (Right)

Fee; 6m wages £15k.

Easily worth £7m, would command wages of at least £25k in today's market.

What's £1m difference in an imaginary world ey?