How do you rate this World Cup

Guest firetotheworks
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This has been the worst WC I've seen ('94 (albeit I wasn't paying too much attention, but I remember it being sexy.) - 2010). '98 was the best in my eyes.

Compared to the ones I've seen this has been Poor, which is what I've gone for in the vote.

Football is a lot more defensive nowadays. A lot more about being regimented, defending in numbers, keeping the ball and scoring on the counter. This is clearly on show at this World Cup.

and tbh, I love it.

How does that work? :p

But yeah, I agree more or less.

Just because the theory is to keep the ball, it doesn't mean you're actually going to. You should come see NOFC :lol:

Football is a lot more defensive nowadays. A lot more about being regimented, defending in numbers, keeping the ball and scoring on the counter. This is clearly on show at this World Cup.

and tbh, I love it.

Sometimes I like it as well. I liked the way Inter won the Champions League. Why? Because they were playing to their strengthes. But Brazil's and Holland's strengthes are (or should be) the offense.

And that's why I think they should play offensive.

actually, im south african, so, i know for a fact the atmosphere was amazing.

so, i have sky, and loads of real people,

you have your couch and your sulking attitude because england were crap as usual

Are you allowed on buses?

Eesh. :lol:

and tbh, I love it.

Sometimes I like it as well. I liked the way Inter won the Champions League. Why? Because they were playing to their strengthes. But Brazil's and Holland's strengthes are (or should be) the offense.

And that's why I think they should play offensive.

I think there are plenty of Brasilians who agree with you, but perhaps unfortunately, Dunga isn't one of them.

actually, im south african, so, i know for a fact the atmosphere was amazing.

so, i have sky, and loads of real people,

you have your couch and your sulking attitude because england were crap as usual

Are you allowed on buses?

:lol:

ok, sky news, bbc news, all uk papers, all are unanimous that this was a great world cup.

go watch the news, educate yourself. stop sulking. if england were playing today it would be classed the best world cup since 66.

like i said above. you see it as terrible because your team were crap

I don't support any teams in it. It's been a shit world cup atmosphere wise, most pundits over here agree with my viewpoint as well. The world does not just revolve around the opinion of the British media. Not to mention the media is usuall always "It's a WC/EC, fucking great, man! Awesome! Wooooo!" to sell papers/get viewers no matter what the reality might be.

I'm only on about the atmosphere/empty seats, mind. The matches have mostly been more than decent enough to warrant media praise.

its been poor probably cause just like league footy teams are more concerned about not getting beat than actually going out and having a go and winning games, some matches where just sooooo boring !!!

and them horns ill be glad to see the back of them roll on the new season

its been poor probably cause just like league footy teams are more concerned about not getting beat than actually going out and having a go and winning games, some matches where just sooooo boring !!!

and them horns ill be glad to see the back of them roll on the new season

It feels like I'm in another dimension watching Norwegian footy matches these days without that horrid Vuvuzela noise. It's glorious to hear the sound of the crowds again. :smitten:

Guest Slippery Sam

Been watching the WC's since 1970, and this one seems one of the most turgid to me. Don't know why, but it just hasn't gripped me at all.

btw, my favourite team this WC has been Uruguay.

ok, sky news, bbc news, all uk papers, all are unanimous that this was a great world cup.

Well of course, they have a product and ads to sell, they need to convince themselves and the people watching that it was a lot better than what it actually was.

Atmosphere was the worst and most annoying ting about this tournament. As said, glad it's now over and we can move to something else.

Utter, utter shit.

Shit football

Vuvuzela

Referees that went from superb to utter utter shit, with no variance between.

But my biggest problem with this World Cup, is empty stadiums.  Well done Blatter, your ego turned the biggest competitive event in the world into the Sunday League.

Naff. Probably had expectations that were far, far too high.

newcastle/england supporter, talking about high expectations?

classic

I was talking purely game quality you pleb. Although now you mention it the rest of it (pitch quality, atmosphere quality, commentator quality) has been pretty garbage as well.

Naff. Probably had expectations that were far, far too high.

newcastle/england supporter, talking about high expectations?

classic

I was talking purely game quality you pleb. Although now you mention it the rest of it (pitch quality, atmosphere quality, commentator quality) has been pretty garbage as well.

Hopefully everything you have high expectations about fails.

Except Newcastle.

And stuff from your real life.

Oh no you didn't!

I love that what you just said was about as mean as you get, then you still quantified it to make it less so.

arnonel, you could learn a thing or two from Mike. For starters, how not to be such a massive arse with an even bigger chip on your shoulder.