The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

City looking very good.

Hmm, not more to do with Liverpool's lack of team defending and not recognising/organising who's picking up the spare man from midfield?

I remember Rafa questioning Gerrards tactical awareness regarding playing him in central midfield, which is why he eventually moved him up to play off the main striker. Already seen a bit if evidence of some dodgy defensive work on his part.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

City looking very good.

Hmm, not more to do with Liverpool's lack of team defending and not recognising/organising who's picking up the spare man from midfield?

I remember Rafa questioning Gerrards tactical awareness regarding playing him in central midfield, which is why he eventually moved him up to play off the main striker. Already seen a bit if evidence of some dodgy defensive work on his part.

Aye, does seem lazy unless its action that involves getting into the box or getting the ball passed to him.

This Lucas character is a non entity of a player. He is of the same stock as Tottenham's Jenas and Arsenal's Denilson i.e. they all do a whole lot of nothing. None of them have any outstanding or useful attributes.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I like Tevez, but I'd really like to see Man City with a 'real' forward that gets into the box. Man City have so many options to change style of attack now, its a bit worrying.

City looking very good.

Aye, does seem lazy unless its action that involves getting into the box or getting the ball passed to him.

Yeah, Gerrard would have to be in there alongside a Masherano for it to work. Having him alongside Lucas is a recipe for disaster.

I like Tevez, but I'd really like to see Man City with a 'real' forward that gets into the box. Man City have so many options to change style of attack now, its a bit worrying.

I would imagine that after a few poor results this whole three defensive mids thing will change and Tevez will have a striker to play off of.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

City looking very good.

Yeah, Gerrard would have to be in there alongside a Masherano for it to work. Having him alongside Lucas is a recipe for disaster.

£12m SS were saying Barca have bid for him. Still not sure what to make of Lucas, think he's one of those players that the manager appreciates/understands.

A perfect example there of what's wrong with Mancini's tactics - Richards does really well in winning the ball back on the edge of the Liverpool box, looks up, but has to end up passing to somebody two yards away as he has nobody to aim at in the box.

Guest palnese

Just showed Michael Johnson then. Where is his life going right now?

Injuries / off-field promblems.

Shame really, he was a fantastic prospect.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I would imagine that after a few poor results this whole three defensive mids thing will change and Tevez will have a striker to play off of.

Hmm, be interesting to see what happens once teams learn to deal with the extra man in the middle/Man City come up against organised teams. Like Tottenham last week they were toothless up front due to how deep Tevez naturally wants to come. It allows the Defence and Midfield to squeeze together and keep a good bank of 4 together.

When Adebayor came on, he was always pushing forward, pushing the defensive line back, making a gap between the defence and midfield that a Tevez could use. Plus, he was in the area to win balls and benefit from the crosses.

A perfect example there of what's wrong with Mancini's tactics - Richards does really well in winning the ball back on the edge of the Liverpool box, looks up, but has to end up passing to somebody two yards away as he has nobody to aim at in the box.

They're winning and haven't looked like conceding. It's defensive and dull, but there is nothing wrong with the tactics.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Wow. That team organisation from Liverpool there was horrible.

Had your back 4 of defenders, then a scattering of midfielders all over the place, not one of them tracking a man back. Adam Johnson had a good chance.

Hmm, be interesting to see what happens once teams learn to deal with the extra man in the middle/Man City come up against organised teams. Like Tottenham last week they were toothless up front due to how deep Tevez naturally wants to come. It allows the Defence and Midfield to squeeze together and keep a good bank of 4 together.

When Adebayor came on, he was always pushing forward, pushing the defensive line back, making a gap between the defence and midfield that a Tevez could use. Plus, he was in the area to win balls and benefit from the crosses.

Yeah, it certainly did open them up a bit when Ade came on, there were points where I think Tottenham just wanted escape with a draw in the last ten minutes because of the increase of pressure.