The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Anyone else think missing out on the title a few seasons ago has sapped Gerrard of any real emotion for Liverpool? Doesn't seem to give a s*** anymore.

Yeah I think there's an element of truth in that, he's never going to win the title with Liverpool, even if he plays for another 10 years, think he probably realises that now.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Liverpool's squad is not good at all.  No team whose second choice striker is David N'Gog is going to do anything.

With Mascherano wanting out and Torres' confidence incredibly low, they're effictively a one man team right now and Gerrard can't do it all.  They'll get nowhere near top 4 this season and if they're not careful, could get left well behind.

The N'Gog thing is just so forced though. No matter what anyone says about Babel he is a better option at striker than N'Gog for sure. Hodgson could have even played Kuyt along Torres and Maxi/Babel on the right.

If I had to defend Hodgson, I'd say that N'gog did take his chances (all 336 of them to score 4 goals*) so far this season.

*guess

Guest sicko2ndbest

Serbian lad hasnt looked that good for Liverpool so far this season

Shit is the word your looking for

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Serbian lad hasnt looked that good for Liverpool so far this season

Shit is the word your looking for

Thought he looked decent on his début for the Europa Qualifier.

It's just hitting home for me just how strong a squad man city have now, it is pretty unbelievable. Milner and Johnson look excellent, both have great attitudes too and just look at the others to come back. Bastards.

Guest palnese

Liverpool looking a million miles away from the Champions League here. Might be a while before they get back into the top 4.

Long way to go yet though obviously.

Their squad is about the same as last year. They've got real wingers now, that's a plus, but overall they've got an average side.

Liverpool looking a million miles away from the Champions League here. Might be a while before they get back into the top 4.

Their squad is about the same as last year. They've got real wingers now, that's a plus, but overall they've got an average side.

Real wingers?  Who

I thought Hodgson would also cease with this Kuyt on the right stuff too. He's done okay there the last few seasons but it's just not good enough. Inter apprently want him, so send him to Rafa and get a real right sided attacking player.

It is early in the season, but the first few weeks can usually give you an idea of who is in with a shot of staying near the top of the table. Liverpool and Villa have got real problems in their squad and unrest/uncertainty behind the scenes. Right now they look a long way off last seasons performances and I'm not sure there is a lot they can do to improve other than hard graft and teamwork.

Real wingers?  Who

I can't think of any.

Guest palnese

Real wingers?  Who

Jovanovic and Cole, although Cole is more of a nr 10.

Real wingers?  Who

Jovanovic and Cole, although Cole is more of a nr 10.

And Jovanovic is a striker.

It is early in the season, but the first few weeks can usually give you an idea of who is in with a shot of staying near the top of the table. Liverpool and Villa have got real problems in their squad and unrest/uncertainty behind the scenes. Right now they look a long way off last seasons performances and I'm not sure there is a lot they can do to improve other than hard graft and teamwork.

I agree. For Champs League, I think Manure and Chelsea are locks, Arsenal would be a huge surprise for them not to make it, Man Shitty and Spuds for the last spot.