The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

So glad we never got Arshavin, can't do a thing right anymore.

Just happened that when I clicked "new" after I got home from work today (and had watched this match) this was the first quote to come up.  Not trying to pick on ya dude.

This was the only match I caught today and glad I did.  Was a good match for the neutral.

So based on that Jara and Cahill should be getting a letter from the FA.

Well, that's how a just system would operate - the ref saw their egregious actions though so would be admitting his incompetency if the FA follow-up on the incidents, so, I doubt it.

So based on that Jara and Cahill should be getting a letter from the FA.

Well, that's how a just system would operate - the ref saw their egregious actions though so would be admitting his incompetency if the FA follow-up on the incidents, so, I doubt it.

yup  :sadnod:

I have to lol at how bad a signing Beckford has been like, he looks shocking.

His confidence looks shot to bits in front of goal. I don't think Moyes being so blunt in the post-match interviews will do that any favours either.

His movement to get into goalscoring positions is actually very good. Says it all that despite missing those chances yesterday he still did way more in 30mins than Yak & Saha have done combined in the last few games. Our strikeforce is a joke.

At the minute, I wouldn't care in the slightest if anyone except Cahill & Baines left. Including Moyes.

Moyes should be sacked simply for signing a player without watching him. This is a player who contributed nothing to overall play in league one.

have to say i particularly enjoyed yesterdays attempted over-head into the far corner, when he had time to let it drop and place it

It's hard to look past Beckford's appalling finishing from the chances he's been given but as 1878 said, the depressing thing is he isn't our worst striker at the moment whatsoever.

Also, the 'faith' Moyes has shown in him has been a joke. Actually give him some more game time instead of the completely inevitable substitution at some point in the 2nd half and being told to get us a goal. Our problems aren't with Beckford on the whole, they're with the complete no-shows of Saha and increasingly, Yak.

Arteta has been shite for most of this season and I'm not displeased to know he'll be well away from the side for a few games; I'd much rather see Fellaini and Rodwell in the middle currently. Pienaar, although has played well relatively, hasn't signed the contract which has been on the table for ages hence he'll be off sooner or later by the looks of things. Bily, although producing disappointing performances on the whole, has also been shown fuck all faith from Moyes.

Pickle.

His confidence looks shot to bits in front of goal. I don't think Moyes being so blunt in the post-match interviews will do that any favours either.

His movement to get into goalscoring positions is actually very good. Says it all that despite missing those chances yesterday he still did way more in 30mins than Yak & Saha have done combined in the last few games. Our strikeforce is a joke.

At the minute, I wouldn't care in the slightest if anyone except Cahill & Baines left. Including Moyes.

Who do you want/think would come in if Moyes went?

Wow, do you genuinely think Moyes' time is up? As Diablo says, who would you want/expect to come in?

I would like to see any of Jol, Coyle, Di Matteo, Pellegrini, Magath. Wouldn't be keen on O'Neil or Hughes at all.

Despite the rubbish strikeforce we still have a squad which should be higher in the table and is underperforming massively. I don't know if things are going on behind the scenes but I'm seeing quality players just going through the motions most weeks. He won't get sacked though (and I'm not saying he deserves to at this stage either).

Bale and VDV join our injury list. What a f***ing joke this season has become in regards to injuries.

They'll be fine come the weekend.

:coolsmiley:

Wise words.

Who do you guys want to win this arvo? Or is it the draw/several injuries/red cards galore?

Torres hat-trick please. I'll be honest, I prefer Liverpool more than I prefer Spurs so I'm hoping the Scousers take the points here. Liverpool also aren't going anywhere so a win doesn't do much for them, but a defeat would put another dent in Spurs' hopes of qualifying for the CL again next year. I'm sure if they aren't able to qualify for next year, VdV and Bale will leave, and maybe Modric as well.

Torres hat-trick please. I'll be honest, I prefer Liverpool more than I prefer Spurs so I'm hoping the Scousers take the points here. Liverpool also aren't going anywhere so a win doesn't do much for them, but a defeat would put another dent in Spurs' hopes of qualifying for the CL again next year. I'm sure if they aren't able to qualify for next year, VdV and Bale will leave, and maybe Modric as well.

I wouldn't be too sure about Liverpool - a win puts them above us, and sadly I think they will be there or thereabouts this year.

Don't have the Spurs hatred some seem to have here. Would prefer a draw like I do in most games like this. But I'd go Spurs over Liverpool, just as I love watching them get cast adrift from the Euro pack. And that helps the bet with someone at work :D