The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Dunno if anyone cares but 4 of the 5 Brazilian teams left in it crashed out of the Libertadores last night. Bit of a shock. Santos must really fancy their chances now to win it especially if Estudiantes go out tonight.

Bonkers considering the comparative budgets of the Brazilian team opposed to others in SA.

Dunno if anyone cares but 4 of the 5 Brazilian teams left in it crashed out of the Libertadores last night. Bit of a shock. Santos must really fancy their chances now to win it especially if Estudiantes go out tonight.

Bonkers considering the comparative budgets of the Brazilian team opposed to others in SA.

Aye, crazy results. I would like Penarol to go all the way.

Guest kingdawson

VdS

O'Shea-Ferdinand-Vidic-Evra

Valencia-Fletcher-Carrick-Park-Rooney

Hernandez

Would be my guess and that midfield should get absolutely torn apart by Barcelona.

I'd play Nani ahead of Hernandez.

VdS

O'Shea-Ferdinand-Vidic-Evra

Valencia-Fletcher-Carrick-Park-Rooney

Hernandez

Would be my guess and that midfield should get absolutely torn apart by Barcelona.

I'd play Nani ahead of Hernandez.

That's not what i'd go for it's what i think Fergie will go for, they're all workers. Nani will be saved for the last 20 mins i reckon to try and get something from the game.

Guest kingdawson

Nani can do damage, he's actually the lone ManU player that I fear the most (and Rooney if he regained early 2010 form).

United have a chance if they play 4-1-4-1

--------------------Carrick---------------------

Valencia-----Park---------Fletcher-----Nani

----------------------Rooney-------------------

Nani can do damage, he's actually the lone ManU player that I fear the most (and Rooney if he regained early 2010 form).

Aye Nani is their best player but i see Manure playing a similar way that we had to against you and Nani just won't be up for that.

I don't think Nani will start.

I see it more as:

Valencia  Carrick    Giggs    Park    Rooney

Hernandez

Wouldn't be surprised if he drops Park for Anderson.

Guest kingdawson

I see it more as:

Hernandez

Giggs ahead of fletcher? against Barca?

3-0 Barca i say.

I see it more as:

Hernandez

Giggs ahead of fletcher? against Barca?

3-0 Barca i say.

All depends on Fletchers fitness. If he's fully fit he'll start of course, but he's been out for two months with a virus and I don't think he'll start against Chelsea or Blackburn. Gives him one/two games to get match fit for Barcelona.

EDIT: Should Fletcher be fit though I don't think it will be Giggs who makes way anyway.

Guest kingdawson

Park  Fletcher  Giggs

Valencia                                      Nani

Rooney

They need a passer like Carrick in the team to play Barca. Giggs might be able to do it but doubt it tbh.

If Sir Alex starts with Giggs in this game then he's making a damn big mistake.

Park  Fletcher  Giggs

Rooney

Think it will be Park on the left instead of Nani, and Anderson or Carrick in the middle.

Park  Fletcher  Giggs

Rooney

They need a passer like Carrick in the team to play Barca. Giggs might be able to do it but doubt it tbh.

Giggs' vision is brilliant. He's set up some of our most important goals in the Champions League this season. He was outstanding against Chelsea and Schalke. I reckon he's a cert to start.

Guest kingdawson

Park  Fletcher  Giggs

Rooney

Think it will be Park on the left instead of Nani, and Anderson or Carrick in the middle.

Yeh think he'll play Valencia, Carrick, Fletcher, Giggs and Park. Wrong decision but that's probably what he'll go for.

Guest kingdawson

Park   Fletcher  Giggs

Valencia                                       Nani

Rooney

Giggs' vision is brilliant. He's set up some of our most important goals in the Champions League this season. He was outstanding against Chelsea and Schalke. I reckon he's a cert to start.

Yeh he's form is great but no way should he start against Barca. Carrick has far better positional sense and imo is a better passer overall. Carrick in the team gives Nani more licsence to get forward too imo.

If Carrick plays he'll make just as many successful passes to Barcelona players as Xavi will.

He's dogshit as it is but when he's constantly getting hounded and pressured every second he has the ball he will choke big time.

Carrick is a great passer when he gets the time to do it, that's the thing. This Barcelona team is second to none for pressing and hassling their opponents. Carrick gets flustered easily and has shown this season that he's prone to making glaring mistakes when he's put under pressure. I'm hoping he has the game of his life though, we need him to.

Barcelona's full backs are very dangerous at going forward, so Evra and O'Shea/Rafael will need help from the wingers, which is why I think it will be Rooney on the left, as he'll run all day for the team but still has the craft to create at the other end. Nani won't really track back.