The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

I'm a little bit afraid that the final is just going to be the World Diving Championships in overdrive.

Cue 90 mins of tedious rolling around from Nani, Little P-Nis, Messi, Rooney, etc etc etc etc zzzzzzzzzz...........

Don't watch it then :thup:

I think Man Utd have a good chance of winning, it'll be a good match. It's a little naive to assume Fergie won't have learnt a few things from 2009 as well IMO.

They were outplayed in 2009, so it shouldn't go that badly again. Lessons will definitely have been learnt. This'll be a closer, better game but I still see Barcelona nicking it because.....well, they're Barcelona.

Can't wait. Don't think I watched the last one for whatever reason so should be amazing. Man United fans to be on top of their game too. Should be at least 70-30 their favour so they need to make it known.

Yep, I'm expecting a good game too and I don't think it'll be that one-sided. Barca will no doubt have upwards of 60% of the ball but I don't think Man Utd will be outplayed in the same way they were in Rome.

One thing's for certain - as good as Rio and Vidic are (they're the best, basically) both struggle with players running at them, especially Vidic. Which is why I give Barca the edge.

I think Man Utd have a good chance of winning, it'll be a good match. It's a little naive to assume Fergie won't have learnt a few things from 2009 as well IMO.

:sadnod: Exactly.

Most matches are unpredictable these days - I thought we'd already concluded this?

Be interesting to see Man United but at RB, going backwards LB is arguably (although not really) one of the Barca weak points although you'd think Villa would have any of the Da Silvas or O'Shea.

Be interesting to see Man United but at RB, going backwards LB is arguably (although not really) one of the Barca weak points although you'd think Villa would have any of the Da Silvas or O'Shea.

Villa's been in very poor form, though. Yes he could skip away from O'Shea for example coming inside from the left but what is it, 1 in 14 now?

Still a class act of course but not Man Utd's biggest concern (if it's possible or useful to rank Barca's threats).

Not sure if Abidal can get back up to speed quickly enough to make it at LB. But if Puyol is allowed to move back to CB with Pique then that's a massive boost for them.

Villa's been in very poor form, though. Yes he could skip away from O'Shea for example coming inside from the left but what is it, 1 in 14 now?

Still a class act of course but not Man Utd's biggest concern (if it's possible or useful to rank Barca's threats).

Still a big game player though and devastating if given time/space.. Barca could do a lot worse than sticking up top and reverting to having Pedro and Messi out on the wings I reckon, just to throw Fergie. Pep has previous of changing it up for a big ame.

Yep, probably the most important decision for Guardiola, that, as the rest of the team pretty much picks itself. I assume he'll be given game time in the remaining La Liga games and if he's deemed ready to face Man Utd then that's a blow to Man Utd. Abidal is one of the most improved players in La Liga in the past 12 months IMO.

Not sure if Abidal can get back up to speed quickly enough to make it at LB. But if Puyol is allowed to move back to CB with Pique then that's a massive boost for them.

Huge. If Mascherano is playing CB Man United have a huge chance, the thought of him against the movement of Hernandez is hilarious.

Barca have no suspended players and no injured players. They will also have la liga wrapped up pretty soon giving them a chance to rest some players. Their midfield is far superior and man utd's worse than it was in '09. Man Utd haven't got a chance. 3-1 Barca.

I don't think anything Manchester United can put in the centre of midfield will be able to cause Barca any trouble. They are extremely average in this area of their team (maybe fourth or fifth best in England), and they don't really have much steel  in addition to the rather pedestrian nature of them going forward. It speaks volumes about their management (and the dysfunction of Arsenal/Chelsea) that they lead Premiership with no dynamic play in this region.

Unfortunately, they are going against the best midfield configuration in the world and will be flogged publicly.

Fergie or not, Man Utd won't be able to nullify Barca because they just don't have the players capable of doing it. There also isn't a 'book' on barca ie. A way you play to beat them. There is the ultra defensive tactic that Chelsea, inter, man utd and real have used in the CL but that's been for two-legged semis and again, Man Utd don't have the players capable of doing this. I could see them play like they do against arsenal but they would get caned doing so. They just can't afford to give barca that much time and space in their own half.

Personally I think we are a better team than 2009, and ManU a worse one. But anything can happen in a one off game, and I presume they will have the crowd advantage.

Also, every time we are crowned favorites in a final we seem to lose it. Still burning from that 0-4 thumping in Athens.

Fergie will try his best to come up with some devious plan, but at the end of the day Barca are a way, way better team and will run out winners by a couple of goals at least.

I reckon Man Utd could well be beaten by Chelsea at the weekend and be down on confidence (as much as they ever get). They're just too average to win the Champions League and the Premiership, if either.

VdS

O'Shea-Ferdinand-Vidic-Evra

Valencia-Fletcher-Carrick-Park-Rooney

Hernandez

Would be my guess and that midfield should get absolutely torn apart by Barcelona.