The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

s**** game. Is this the best team in Italy atm?

Serie A :lol:

Inter is a much better team.

So good they got beat by a team who've just sacked their manager?

Sorry, but they have ineligible and injured players. Still the best team in Italy atm.

Guest kingdawson

"Are you watching Arsenal"

Why not laud your own club as opposed to focusing on your rivals you small time tossers

Gimme a f***ing break. If you're in a competeition for ths first time ever and you've gone further than your nearest rivals who got knocked out the day before, you'd do exactly the same thing.

Just fished this after reading the Capello comments

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/891651/fabio-capello-hails-gareth-bale-as-the-best-player-in-the-world?cc=5739

Tottenham v AC Milan

Capello hails Bale as the world's best

March 9, 2011

Email Print

By ESPNsoccernet staff

As Tottenham prepare to face Fabio Capello's former side Milan in the Champions League on Wednesday night, the England manager has described Spurs star Gareth Bale as the best player in the world.

GettyImages

Gareth Bale has been linked with a move to Italy thanks to his performances with Spurs

• Spurs v AC Milan preview

• Berbatov hails world-class Bale

• Flamini: I'm not a dirty player

• Allegri bullish over prospects

• Redknapp wants to attack Milan

• Forum: Will Spurs qualify?

Bale missed the first leg at San Siro as a Peter Crouch goal gave Tottenham a 1-0 advantage, but returned from a six-week absence against Wolves at the weekend and will occupy a place on the bench at White Hart Lane as Spurs seek to reach the quarter-finals.

The Welshman's brilliant performances against Inter in the group stages saw his profile rise considerably on the continent, and in a warning to the club Capello lead to domestic and European success, the Italian has said Bale is currently the best player on the globe.

"He is today the number one player in the world," Capello said. "He is the only one who can make a difference in the role he plays.

"He has pace, technique and strength. Those three qualities are hard to find in a player who is not a striker. He reminds me of Roberto Carlos, who was born a left back. He was an explosive player and the only one who came even closest to Bale.

"His pace reminds me of the legendary Real Madrid midfielder Francisco Gento, who was unstoppable when he set off down the left flank - but Gento was a born winger, not a left back. He did not possess the same strength as Bale."

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp says he will not risk Bale from the start against Milan as he is struggling with his fitness, but believes the player's mere presence on the bench will concern the Serie A leaders.

"I don't think there is a better left-sided player around," Redknapp said. "He has got everything. He is 6ft 2in tall, the physique on him is incredible, the pace, the ability to cross the ball, shoot, dribble, head it, he can do everything.

"The world sat up and recognised him after what he did to Inter but he has been tearing teams to pieces for over a year. He's done it against everybody, really.

"If Milan see him on the bench it will give them a few concerns. I'd love to see him start but he's doubtful at the moment. This morning (Monday) he felt he wasn't quite ready to start (the game). His back was okay but he felt a little stiff in his legs."

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Are they sure it was Capello and not Joe Kinnear they were interviewing?

Celebrating like they've won the f***ing thing. [/notbitterintheslightest]

:lol:

As it should be though. I celebrated like we won the thing when we beat Young Boys.

We're not that great, and have done way better than we'd dreamed. It's easy to say that anything past getting to the group stages would have been a bonus, but that's genuinely how we felt. Honestly, if we can keep two clean sheets against Milan then anything can happen.

Guest kingdawson

Congratulations to Spurs btw, would love to get you in the quarters.

No thanks. You and Shakhtar i don't want.

Celebrating like they've won the f***ing thing. [/notbitterintheslightest]

As it should be though. I celebrated like we won the thing when we beat Young Boys.

We're not that great, and have done way better than we'd dreamed. It's easy to say that anything past getting to the group stages would have been a bonus, but that's genuinely how we felt. Honestly, if we can keep two clean sheets against Milan then anything can happen.

Hope you get Barca and get absolutely dicked.

"Are you watching Arsenal"

Why not laud your own club as opposed to focusing on your rivals you small time tossers

Gimme a f***ing break. If you're in a competeition for ths first time ever and you've gone further than your nearest rivals who got knocked out the day before, you'd do exactly the same thing.

:lol: You might, but I fucking wouldn't. Having said that, we have a different type of rivalry, in the sense that they've never played a match in Europe during my lifetime, so it's difficult to even imagine.

Shakhtar? Unorthodox (no Jew jokes please), surely Real would be the other team to avoid.

I would assume you won't want any of the teams left bar the french ones if they make the impossible happen and even then I doubt you'd really like to play them.

ManUtd/Marseille

Bayern/Inter

Chelsea

Real Madrid/Lyon

Ibrahimovic and Robinho were probably the worst players on the pitch. Far too arrogant/over confident.

Clueless.

Zlatan was Milan's best player.  His hold up play, closs control and first touch was class.

Ibrahimovic and Robinho were probably the worst players on the pitch. Far too arrogant/over confident.

Clueless.

Zlatan was Milan's best player.  His hold up play, closs control and first touch was class.

eh? Did absolutely fuck all.

Clueless.

Make out with djmessi and Sewelly, jesus.

Shakhtar? Unorthodox (no Jew jokes please), surely Real would be the other team to avoid.

Shakhar are effectively a better version of Tottenham.  Play the same way only Shalhtar zip the ball about better.

Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern I think would also beat Spurs pretty comfortably.