The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Don't rate Pearce at all seems so inept for this level.

Anyone who brings on a goalkeeper and plays him upfront in a must win game should not be allowed near the international management scene.

Guest Heneage

He leaves out Scott Sinclair till 5 minutes from the end. Plays Danny Rose in a deeper position when he's quite clearly an Attacking Mid. Then the whole Carroll ignorance a while back all leads me to think he's not the right man to be developing the nations talent.

I just think he picks 11 players not a team and that's reflected by the way they played in the second half with lots of daft mazy dribbles that ended in nothing.

The England U21 is getting beat by a U21 team of a nation of 300.000 habitants.  That is less than habitants in the area of Newcastle.

Iceland u21's are on fire at the moment and will be playing with the English at the Euro Championships at the summer.

Yes, I know :)  I was just using this once in a life time opportunity to brag :D

The Icelandic team was under-strength, missing 7 key players, but the English team was also under-strength. 

BTW, I wasn't that impressed with Wickham, the price tag of 15m is silly if judging by that game

What months does the Argentinian league run?

First half (Apetura) ran from mid August to December. Second half (Clausura) is Feb to Jun.

Would you say the Apetura part is good? Probably gunna be in Buenos Aires for some of that period would love to get to a match

What months does the Argentinian league run?

First half (Apetura) ran from mid August to December. Second half (Clausura) is Feb to Jun.

Would you say the Apetura part is good? Probably gunna be in Buenos Aires for some of that period would love to get to a match

Lucky lad. Ridiculously good city, possibly my favourite . The leagues run separately so they're more or less equal aside from all the relegation only gets confirmed at the end of both (and over a cumulative 3 season period points ave - complicated). Not that it would matter, I went to 3 games over there and the dead rubber one was the best game atmosphere wise. All but a handful of teams play in BA so should you be there for a few days you'd easily be able to get yourself to a game or three. If you're lucky you might coincide with a classico.

If you've a day or two spare get the ferry to Colonia in Uruguay. Absolutey gorgeous little place.

Lithuania 2-0 Poland

Greece 0 - 0 Poland

Thank you motherland for the football you have given me. For truly I am blessed to have enjoyed such 180 minutes of enthralling entertainment. One can safely know that even if one is feeling low and depressed, Newcastle gets trashed 4-0 by a rugby side and nothing seems to be going your way then Poland will play their slow, clumsy and uninventive football to perfection.  Never have such boring 180 minutes of football been played where not a single player seems to know his role on the grassy field he´s been instructed to stand on.

Amen.

He leaves out Scott Sinclair till 5 minutes from the end. Plays Danny Rose in a deeper position when he's quite clearly an Attacking Mid. Then the whole Carroll ignorance a while back all leads me to think he's not the right man to be developing the nations talent.

I just think he picks 11 players not a team and that's reflected by the way they played in the second half with lots of daft mazy dribbles that ended in nothing.

The inclusion of Rose at all is baffling. Bad rubbish.

I agree with you, every time I watch the U-21s they never look like a cohesive unit. Either a problem with his tactics or his ability to drill the players on how to play.

Guest Heneage

The inclusion of Rose at all is baffling. Bad rubbish.

I agree with you, every time I watch the U-21s they never look like a cohesive unit. Either a problem with his tactics or his ability to drill the players on how to play.

Well he looked ok the other night, if not slightly naive tactically. A bit like letting a balloon off in an alleyway he just went forward with little direction.