The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Is it for licensing reasons that MOTD don't just divide the programme into equal parts for each game? Are they only allowed a certain number of 'extended highlights' games?

They're all similar lengths- the maximum they can show is 10 minutes. The first few games get more studio analysis which is why they might seem longer.

I've seen them show 20 minutes of a game before, only the other weeks their was a weekend when their was only one or two games on the Saturday because of the fixture list. They should at least have a red button option for the game of focus.

They've never shown 20 minutes of a game before- anything above 10 minutes counts as 'extended highlights' which only Sky have the rights to.

Is it for licensing reasons that MOTD don't just divide the programme into equal parts for each game? Are they only allowed a certain number of 'extended highlights' games?

They're all similar lengths- the maximum they can show is 10 minutes. The first few games get more studio analysis which is why they might seem longer.

I've seen them show 20 minutes of a game before, only the other weeks their was a weekend when their was only one or two games on the Saturday because of the fixture list. They should at least have a red button option for the game of focus.

They've never shown 20 minutes of a game before- anything above 10 minutes counts as 'extended highlights' which only Sky have the rights to.

Hence the use of highlights and replays of shit they didn't show first time round in the studio part of it I assume. Still daft like.

Didn't know who scored Everton's second, for a moment I thought it was Hibbert with that highlight. Would have been legendary.

The world wouldn't have been the same again.

who was the everton n02....even when the ball gets past him he seems unable to look at bent.

At a guess I'd say Tony Hibbert.

How dare you suggest this.