The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

What a season Leighton Baines has had, man. Best LB in the league for this campaign.

Someone else will say Enrique. I agree with you though, he's been first rate.

Chelsea could do far worse than looking at him in a few years time, seeing as A.Cole is getting on in years.

It's fucking shameful how in the space of a week Aston Villa have went from being right in the middle of a relegation battle, to being virtually safe.

The weird thing is that this season, which has been largely one of great distress, we have played far, far more decent football than we did in the last two seasons, in both of which we finished sixth, combined.

Oh, and that Darren Bent, 6 goals in 11 games for us. For all the "OMG! He's a panic buy!" bullshit, he's delivered exactly what we bought him to deliver. I beieve that's more than those other big money January transfer buys, Suarez, Carroll (yes, yes, I know) and Torres combined.

I also think he's shown since being with us that he's not just a "goals and nothing else" player, which is what he looked at Sunderland. He holds the ball up and spreads play extremely well.

£20m on Bent would be ok with me.  He would score just as many if not more than Carroll and we'd still have £15m of his transfer money spare.

..now to snap out of this dream world where we aren't owned by Ashley.

It's f***ing shameful how in the space of a week Aston Villa have went from being right in the middle of a relegation battle, to being virtually safe.

The weird thing is that this season, which has been largely one of great distress, we have played far, far more decent football than we did in the last two seasons, in both of which we finished sixth, combined.

Oh, and that Darren Bent, 6 goals in 11 games for us. For all the "OMG! He's a panic buy!" bullshit, he's delivered exactly what we bought him to deliver. I beieve that's more than those other big money January transfer buys, Suarez, Carroll (yes, yes, I know) and Torres combined.

I also think he's shown since being with us that he's not just a "goals and nothing else" player, which is what he looked at Sunderland. He holds the ball up and spreads play extremely well.

excluding torres, how many goals jhave carrol/suarez delivered and how many full games have they played between them in the league?

If Man City win the cup it will change nothing.  They're like that Mikey Carroll who won the lottery.  He bought a Rolex but he was still a fuckin gadgie and when the money ran out he ended up back where he belonged.

Thought i'd google him to see what he's up to and this tickled me like

He enjoyed a celebrity status in the British media as the self-proclaimed King of Chavs, a phrase that he emblazoned on his black Mercedes van. He spent his multi-million fortune on things such as illegal drugs, gambling and thousands of prostitutes over the next few years before going back to the £42 a week in jobseeker's allowance he had been earning before. He expressed no regrets.

:lol:

In a way I applaud him

It's f***ing shameful how in the space of a week Aston Villa have went from being right in the middle of a relegation battle, to being virtually safe.

excluding torres, how many goals jhave carrol/suarez delivered and how many full games have they played between them in the league?

I know, hence:

he's delivered exactly what we bought him to deliver. I beieve that's more than those other big money January transfer buys, Suarez, Carroll (yes, yes, I know) and Torres combined.