The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

15,000 Spurs fans in the San Siro...brings back memories. :(

This is why I hate the fact someone other than the big 4 are in this, I liked how we were one of the elite others to play in the Champions League from this country.

They only have a 5000 allocation.

Guest kingdawson

No VDV. King, Corluka and obviously no Defoe, Dawson or Woodgate. Team i want to play is..

-------------------------------------Gomes-------------------------------------

Kaboul----------------Gallas-----------------Bassong-------------ekotto

------------------------------Huddlestone---modric--------------------------

-----------lennon---------------------kranjcar---------------bale--------

-----------------------------------------Crouch------------------------------

subs: cudicini, hutton, jenas, palacios, bentley, keane, pavlychenko.

Most spurs fans want hutton ahead of kaboul but younes has been excellent since returning to the club and neither bassong or gallas are that good in the air so kaboul is needed imo.

http://www.uefa.com/printoutfiles/competitions/ucl/2011/E/E_2002853_pk.pdf

ever seen any of those ^ before?

i'm tempted to print it to see how many of the facts etc are repeated verbatim by the commentators

Not seen a UEFA one before but I've seen the briefing documents Sky give to their pundits and commentators before a game they are covering and they are very similar.

Guest kingdawson

Thoughts ahead of the weekend game, KD? I'm desperately hoping tonight takes it out of a few of your players. I know of course they're professional athletes, but I can hope...

Im always wary of Everton. Should be a good game but i'd rather win tonight than against you lot tbh.

Thoughts ahead of the weekend game, KD? I'm desperately hoping tonight takes it out of a few of your players. I know of course they're professional athletes, but I can hope...

Im always wary of Everton. Should be a good game but i'd rather win tonight than against you lot tbh.

If we hadn't have picked up results-wise in the last 2 games I'd have expected nothing other than a Spurs win. But now I think we should be getting something. I'd take a point.

And aye of course, tonight is one of your biggest games in modern history, surely?

If we hadn't have picked up results-wise in the last 2 games I'd have expected nothing other than a Spurs win. But now I think we should be getting something. I'd take a point.

And aye of course, tonight is one of your biggest games in modern history, surely?

Depends how you look at it. In terms of playing with the big boys then definitely, but in terms of practical importance, not really. We've already done better than I expected, and if we lose tonight then that's just par for the course. We're still in a decent position to qualify.

Depends how you look at it. In terms of playing with the big boys then definitely, but in terms of practical importance, not really. We've already done better than I expected, and if we lose tonight then that's just par for the course. We're still in a decent position to qualify.

More to do with the grandeur of the occasion, yeah. Can you see yourselves qualifying? Presumably the Werder and AZ games are the biggies but it's surely not impossible you can get something from Inter at WHL? Fwiw, tonight I think it'll be a close defeat.

No VDV. King, Corluka and obviously no Defoe, Dawson or Woodgate. Team i want to play is..

-------------------------------------Gomes-------------------------------------

Kaboul----------------Gallas-----------------Bassong-------------ekotto

------------------------------Huddlestone---modric--------------------------

-----------lennon---------------------kranjcar---------------bale--------

-----------------------------------------Crouch------------------------------

subs: cudicini, hutton, jenas, palacios, bentley, keane, pavlychenko.

Most spurs fans want hutton ahead of kaboul but younes has been excellent since returning to the club and neither bassong or gallas are that good in the air so kaboul is needed imo.

I have to give credit to Spurs there, even with those players KD has mentioned being out, that doesn't look too bad a team at all still.

The bench isn't that strong, I don't think. They're all quite 'big' players with some advantages but, I dunno. None of them coming on would make me think "well, he's going to change the game."

Of course, I'm being pedantic here because they already have the mentioned players out. All in all, it's a very good squad and one that can get far in this competition.

The bench isn't that strong, I don't think. They're all quite 'big' players with some advantages but, I dunno. None of them coming on would make me think "well, he's going to change the game."

Of course, I'm being pedantic here because they already have the mentioned players out. All in all, it's a very good squad and one that can get far in this competition.

For this game, I don't think it will see them through. But then, it's Inter, always a chance. I'm not a fan of Rafa at all and feel he'll take them down like he did the bindippers. Overall though a surprisingly strong squad compared to what I thought they had.

More to do with the grandeur of the occasion, yeah. Can you see yourselves qualifying? Presumably the Werder and AZ games are the biggies but it's surely not impossible you can get something from Inter at WHL? Fwiw, tonight I think it'll be a close defeat.

We've given ourselves a great chance, but should have finished off the job in Bremen and I can't see us getting anything tonight. You know, we can be very dangerous, but we have to start every game with a different defence and we're missing VDV. You look at the Inter team and just think "bloody hell". I'm preparing myself for the worst, but with our style of play anything could happen. You've seen that in the first two games, they've been amazing for the neutral.

Weirdly, I think we may have more of a chance in Milan than at home. It's the other two games that will clinch it. I'm hoping for two Twente/Bremen draws.

What's he said wrong there? What's wrong with being ambitious?

Chelsea look like the favourites at the moment. Although as I've mentioned in the other thread, Man Utd have problems at the moment, they'll be there or thereabouts for this season. Arsenal still don't look like the real deal, and I would not say Man City are a massive step above Spurs at this moment. It is a massive ask, of course, to get in these couple of "top, top players", but if they can, and can keep their squad fit on the whole, a title challenge next year is within their capabilities IMO.