The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Cesc :smug:

"Even if they had 15 and we had 11 we would still want to go on and win - and the way we played it's difficult to stop us."

"how can I be man of the match, I missed a penalty!" as he was walking off with the champaign.

He never let us down. He wasn't a good kicker and he didn't command the box, but he never made mistakes in big matches and more often than not kept us in them. That's something that I can't say about Hart, yet. Like I said, Hart's a decent 'keeper who is better than Given at certain things but overall, he's not earnt his reputation. Maybe he will, maybe he won't, but he hasn't and Given has.

Given hasn't been shit at all. Given had an injury that ended last season for him, which was still a decent season, then Mancini just picked Hart over him to start this season. He hasn't made mistakes, performed poorly or done anything to deserve being called 'done'. The fact that he's not playing does not mean he's 'done', it just means the manager isn't picking him for whatever reason.

Given hasn't been shit at all. Given had an injury that ended last season for him, which was still a decent season, then Mancini just picked Hart over him to start this season. He hasn't made mistakes, performed poorly or done anything to deserve being called 'done'. The fact that he's not playing does not mean he's 'done', it just means the manager isn't picking him for whatever reason.

Because Hart's better man!  :lol:

He never let us down. He wasn't a good kicker and he didn't command the box, but he never made mistakes in big matches and more often than not kept us in them. That's something that I can't say about Hart, yet. Like I said, Hart's a decent 'keeper who is better than Given at certain things but overall, he's not earnt his reputation. Maybe he will, maybe he won't, but he hasn't and Given has.

You don't need to earn a reputation to be good, you just have to be good. Which Hart is.

Hart is a better goalkeeper NOW, and he is still improving.  I really see no reason playing Given unless Hart is having a slump.  The only thing Given's better is his experience and, I don't agree but some may argue, his shot-stopping reflexes.  Hart is better in all other aspects: aerial control, penalty saving, positioning, one on one, and communication with the defenders. 

You don't need to earn a reputation to be good, you just have to be good. Which Hart is.

You have to earn a reputation as someone who's good, which Hart has (the reputation) but hasn't earnt it. IMO. You can have the last word.

Milner shouldn't really be in this side.

Aye. More than good enough to be a squad player for a team with their ambition, but there's no way he should be starting. Good player to bring on when the opposition are tiring though.

Although with Mancini's defensive tactics - he's more often than not liable to start over Johnson, Balotelli or Silva.

He ain't :lol:

Mancini's played Barry in every match this season and Barry's s****!

Until Given performs poorly, I'm still going to rate him as one of the best GKs in the Premiership based on the form he showed from the last time he had a run of games.

You're an embarrassment.

City conceded goals for fun at the start of last season. He can't organize a defence and is incapable of dominating his box. His agility and reactions were once great, but they're firmly on the wain.

I still genuinely don't understand how Milner is so highly rated. He's undoubtedly improved since he left us, but he always looks so average when you watch him play. I thought he was particularly shit against us.

He'll give you 100% effort every game, but in those tighter games I'd rather play Johnson over him every time.