The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Guest firetotheworks

2-0 to Blackburn. That Norwegian shit scored.

A bit of a shame, I quite like the way Villa are playing without Martin O'kneel to one tactic.

Guest kingdawson

Blackbrun have actually been playing some nice stuff. Villa have too but very poor decision making in the final third has cost them.

They've been obliterated by injuries like, I empathise. They'll be fine this season but I re-iterate what I said at the start of the season, which is that I think they'll finish below their position last year.

Fulham-City looks an alright game on paper but I don't know if I can put myself through an hour and a half of getting annoyed at Gareth Barry.

:lol:

You sure? On paper it's televisual Mogadon. Nailed on to be a 3-3 draw then (and that would suit me).

Fulham-City looks an alright game on paper but I don't know if I can put myself through an hour and a half of getting annoyed at Gareth Barry.

:lol:

You sure? On paper it's televisual Mogadon. Nailed on to be a 3-3 draw then (and that would suit me).

Well it's just the inevitability of Mancini using 3 DMs which will ruin it. Also Fulham have some good players themselves and are decent at home.

They've been obliterated by injuries like, I empathise. They'll be fine this season but I re-iterate what I said at the start of the season, which is that I think they'll finish below their position last year.

They're finally getting the injuries they've largely avoided over the last two or three years, and it's exposing the lack of depth in their squad. Yourselves and ourselves have had terrible trouble with injuries over the same time, but it's forced us to build strong squads to cope.

The rumour is, they had fewer injuries under MON because they never trained properly. Not sure how that works like.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't understand why this Delfuonso didn't start. Before he was on they were effectively playing without any strikers.

They're finally getting the injuries they've largely avoided over the last two or three years, and it's exposing the lack of depth in their squad. Yourselves and ourselves have had terrible trouble with injuries over the same time, but it's forced us to build strong squads to cope.

The rumour is, they had fewer injuries under MON because they never trained properly. Not sure how that works like.

Lack of adequate training makes an athlete more injury prone, surely? If your muscles and bones aren't used to intense exertion injuries are more probable.

Lack of adequate training makes an athlete more injury prone, surely? If your muscles and bones aren't used to intense exertion injuries are more probable.

Yeah, that's exactly my take. I heard a lot of mad things from behind the scenes during MON's tenure though.

I really would like Mancini out of Man City. Their strike force is not good enough to justify playing so defensively. I have no issues with the system, if it worked, but it doesn't, because they don't have enough strength up front. They basically need a Torres/Villa/Eto'o etc in order to play how Mancini is playing, but they've got.. Jo.

I really would like Mancini out of Man City. Their strike force is not good enough to justify playing so defensively. I have no issues with the system, if it worked, but it doesn't, because they don't have enough strength up front. They basically need a Torres/Villa/Eto'o etc in order to play how Mancini is playing, but they've got.. Jo.

Couldn't you argue that a poor strike force makes it necessary to play defensively?

Either way, Mancini certainly has the resources to play more expansively, he just chooses not to. I'd hate them anyway, but that makes it easier.