The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

I really would like Mancini out of Man City. Their strike force is not good enough to justify playing so defensively. I have no issues with the system, if it worked, but it doesn't, because they don't have enough strength up front. They basically need a Torres/Villa/Eto'o etc in order to play how Mancini is playing, but they've got.. Jo.

Couldn't you argue that a poor strike force makes it necessary to play defensively?

Not if you actually want to win things. They play defensively and don't score, it won't win them anything. If they want to play that way, they need a clinical striker, which they don't have. I mean, they can continue to play like this, pick up a bucket load of awful low scoring draws and occasional 1-0 victories, but it won't get them in the top 4 and they'll be nowhere near the title.

Silva------De Jong------Toure------Johnson

----------Adebayor----------Tevez-----------

Is surely how the midfield/strikeforce should line up?

Pretty much, though you could swap Milner with any one of those midfielders, depending on what you're looking to achieve.

One would wish. They should stop showing City on telly until they start playing like that.

Guest kingdawson

---------------------De Jong------Toure-----------------------------

---Silva---------------------Tevez--------------------------Johnson-

----------------------------Adebayor-----------------------------------

Luckily for us their manager has no guts.

---------------------De Jong------Toure-----------------------------

---Silva---------------------Tevez--------------------------Johnson-

----------------------------Adebayor-----------------------------------

Luckily for us their manager has no guts.

The thing is, plenty of people would still class that as a perfectly normal, even defensive formation. Wingers/Tevez would drop back off the ball, 451 etc. But what Mancini goes for is so fucking defensive it's untrue.

I really would like Mancini out of Man City. Their strike force is not good enough to justify playing so defensively. I have no issues with the system, if it worked, but it doesn't, because they don't have enough strength up front. They basically need a Torres/Villa/Eto'o etc in order to play how Mancini is playing, but they've got.. Jo.

Couldn't you argue that a poor strike force makes it necessary to play defensively?

Not if you actually want to win things. They play defensively and don't score, it won't win them anything. If they want to play that way, they need a clinical striker, which they don't have. I mean, they can continue to play like this, pick up a bucket load of awful low scoring draws and occasional 1-0 victories, but it won't get them in the top 4 and they'll be nowhere near the title.

Oh I agree, I just don't think they have a poor strike force. That formation above looks pretty bloody good to me, then they have hard workers like Milner to come in and shore it up and Jo, Balotelli or RSC to play the Adebayor role.

Oh I agree, I just don't think they have a poor strike force. That formation above looks pretty bloody good to me, then they have hard workers like Milner to come in and shore it up and Jo, Balotelli or RSC to play the Adebayor role.

Oh aye, it's definitely not poor, it's just not world class, and it needs to be, given Silva is the only one who is interested in any form of creative passing.

Milner Yaya  De Jong Barry

Silva

Tevez

Is what is really going on.