The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Houllier is rightly getting slaughtered this morning.

Some examples of why:

- touchign the This is Anfield sign on the way onto the pitch

- at final whistle, entirely ignoring our fans who'd trvelled up and stood in sub zero temperatures, but managing to wave and thumbs up at the Kop

- suggesting that the game was dead after the first goal. Pathetic.

Worse of all, this:

"The fans were good. I appreciated the fact that they chanted my name at the end. It shows they can remember.

"There was also a banner at the start of the game. I was not emotional but I was extremely touched by that."

He added: "It's difficult to say but I prefer to lose 3-0 to Liverpool because I like Liverpool.

This comes after a series of regular outbreaks of him talking about Liverpool, but to suggest it's somehow more acceptable to play so wretchedly and lose 3-0 because it is Liverpool is absolutely bang out of order.

Some examples of why:

- at final whistle, entirely ignoring our fans who'd trvelled up and stood in sub zero temperatures, but managing to wave and thumbs up at the Kop

Worse of all, this:

"The fans were good. I appreciated the fact that they chanted my name at the end. It shows they can remember.

"There was also a banner at the start of the game. I was not emotional but I was extremely touched by that."

He added: "It's difficult to say but I prefer to lose 3-0 to Liverpool because I like Liverpool.

This comes after a series of regular outbreaks of him talking about Liverpool, but to suggest it's somehow more acceptable to play so wretchedly and lose 3-0 because it is Liverpool is absolutely bang out of order.

:lol:

No way. Unwise to say the least!

Some examples of why:

Worse of all, this:

Sack him and get Pardew.

Guest GAMMELL

Some examples of why:

Worse of all, this:

Sack him & appoint Alan Pardew

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2238878,00.html

Manager's message

From manager Gerard Houllier.

7th Dec 2010

To the fans who travelled to Liverpool and to all Villa supporters, let me assure you that we are working as hard as we possibly can to achieve the level of success which this great club aspires to. Everybody is hurting because of recent results and I am at Bodymoor Heath today with my staff, working on putting this right.

No one likes to lose 3-0 against any team and, if comments I made in the immediate aftermath of our defeat by Liverpool have been misconstrued - comments which were intended to be humorous, by the way - let me put them into context. The experiences I enjoyed with Liverpool some years ago will always stay with me, as will many experiences I have had in football both before and since, and I have taken all these experiences into my job as manager of Aston Villa. I understand the fans' feelings of hurt and disappointment at the moment - I am hurting as much as anybody, believe me - and I say emphatically that we will battle through. Building lasting success at Aston Villa is my focus and my commitment to this challenge is resolute.

It is down to us collectively as a club to work hard to bring joy and success to the fans because the fans are the most important. They are passionate, vocal and fantastic, which I stated when I first came here. They know we are in this together and their support will be vital on Saturday for our game against West Bromwich Albion.

Seems like we are playing 3-4-3 tonight, guess Pep fancies to experiment. Bunch of kids starting, let's see how they do.

Now that he's favorite for the Ballon D'Or, I remember Iniesta's first European start was in one of these rubbish "already qualified so play the kids" CL games and he had a mare.