The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

A highlight show that doesn't even show all the goals.

Just when you think ITV's football coverage can't get any worse..

I hope this is a joke. I'm not watching btw.

Nope, didn't show our goal.  Spent the time showing Stevenage celebrating in the dressing room after the match instead.

Didn't show the mackems goal either.

A highlight show that doesn't even show all the goals.

Just when you think ITV's football coverage can't get any worse..

I hope this is a joke. I'm not watching btw.

Nope, didn't show our goal.  Spent the time showing Stevenage celebrating in the dressing room after the match instead.

Didn't show the mackems goal either.

Fucking hell.

Ronaldo, as I said my internet is w*** and therefore my quoting too. Also be nice no point calling me daft.

Anyways,

I was referring to Pissi saying that if they keep on like this they will be regarded the two greatest of all time, something I don't agree with at all.

And you must surely either be 10 years old or you never saw the likes of Zico, Maradona, Zidane, original Ronaldo to call Messi the best player you've ever seen?

Surely Ronaldo scored as many goals as Messi did during his single season in Barcelona?

Find a current player who adapted and scored so many goals in three different leagues for five different teams as Ronaldo. Find a current player who singlehandedly won a Champions League and World Cup Final as Zidane did. Find a current player who won a whole world cup on his own as Maradona and Garrincha did.

There's no arguing that Messi is the best in the world.

Messi pisses all over Zidane.

The answer to your question is no, btw.

I meant in one season. And then the answer is yes, btw.

Ronaldo did it in 49 matches and Messi did it in 53.

Ronaldo did it in his first season with a new team and system and also at a younger age. Messi did this in 5th season with Barcelona.

Ronaldo was also 20-21. I've already said that Ronaldo at his peak is the best player of my lifetime. But peak isn't everything, consistent greatness is.

"Greatest player ever" is always a strange one. I don't think there's much doubt that Messi has played football to the highest standard of anyone who has ever played the game, due to the advances in fitness, pace, tactics etc. I don't think he's the greatest player ever though...

Not got a lot to do with your post I realise, but it's always a tough one. :undecided:

Guest neesy111

Ronaldo without doubt is the best finisher I've ever seen and imo best goalscorer of all-time.

As overall player though, messi wins hands down.

Ronaldo without doubt is the best finisher I've ever seen and imo best goalscorer of all-time.

As overall player though, messi wins hands down.

Then you never saw Romario.

Messi better overall player? If you mean of how much they were involved in the game then sure Messi is more involved since Ronaldo is a pure striker. However, Ronaldo was a much more complete player. He scored in every manner. And was just unstoppable at his peak.

Messi si without a doubt my favorite player to watch at the moment, but to compare him to players such as Zidane and Ronaldo and say he will be greater is just to early in my opinion.

Ronaldo was also 20-21. I've already said that Ronaldo at his peak is the best player of my lifetime. But peak isn't everything, consistent greatness is.

But Messi was 22-23.

Consistent isn't easy to have when you're injured every six months or so. But you'll never find a player who could come back from injury and perform at that level like he did.

Romário was the most technically gifted player I have ever seen. Sadly he was lazy and complacent. But really, his skill was utterly ridiculous. Current Real Madrid DoF Jorge Valdano used to say that he was a cartoon character because what he could do with a ball wasn't possible for real people.

Atlético 4 down at HT.

this in the league?

Yes, we have Monday games now.

Christ, what an awful result. Thought (probably rather stupidly) this would finally be the year they cracked it and got in the top 4 easily.

Atlético 4 down at HT.

this in the league?

Yes, we have Monday games now.

Christ, what an awful result. Thought (probably rather stupidly) this would finally be the year they cracked it and got in the top 4 easily.

Me too. The EL triumph had given momentum and confidence to the club, they had a rather good transfer window... and then business as usual.

They need more ambitious manager appointments. Abel was a poor choice and Quique Sánchez looks sharp in suits but not much more. They are the third biggest team in Spain by following, they should hire somebody that can stamp a style on the team.