The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Not many people believed that Dortmund would be running away with the title in such fashion. Absolutely stunning the way things have gone.

Only dropped 3 points on the road. Absolutely amazing. I hope, for their sake, they can keep their squad for the CL next season. So many exciting young players, very similar to the German national team actually.

Our football culture is rather entrenched... I guess something has to do with the fact that we are a rather short and small bunch (shortest nation in the EU actually) and thus have a hard time basing football teams around athleticism. Bilbao is the only club to have succeeded this way.

Guest neesy111

I can guarantee that Spain is a taller nation than the likes of Nigeria, Brazil, Ghana, etc, yet all of those teams tend to put a greater emphasis on pace and power than Spain.

I think that gurantee is invalid tbh.

I'm a freak of Norwegian nature only being 1.70m tbh.

Similarly, I must be some sort of giant as Wikipedia lists the average Nigerian as 1.64. I think it has more to do with diet and socioeconomics than anything. The North and East Europeans generally seem to be the tallest people anyway.

edit: I'm 33 centimetres taller than average according to Wiki :lol:

Guest neesy111

I can guarantee that Spain is a taller nation than the likes of Nigeria, Brazil, Ghana, etc, yet all of those teams tend to put a greater emphasis on pace and power than Spain.

You think wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height#Average_height_around_the_world

Hmm, some interesting findings with that.

You think wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height#Average_height_around_the_world

Hmm, some interesting findings with that.

Yeah, not least that people seem to self-report their height as taller than it actually is.