Jermaine Jenas

Ishmael

My memories/view of Jenas is that he never really looked THAT good. Sir Bobby loved him and thought the world of him I think, but I always thought that Dyer was way more talented. Of course Dyer never really fulfilled his talent.

4 minutes ago, Elric said:

Didn't he get fired by Cardiff for bullying academy players? :lol: Always seemed a snide little cunt to me, like. 

Undoubtedly he has/had a c**t side, but he was our c**t and had the balls to say what almost all of us thought about Souness when the rest (Shearer included) were calling him a great manager despite it being zit on the end of your nose obvious he was s***e

Just now, gjohnson said:

Undoubtedly he has/had a c**t side, but he was our c**t and had the balls to say what almost all of us thought about Souness when the rest (Shearer included) were calling him a great manager despite it being zit on the end of your nose obvious he was s***e

Oh aye, I loved him as a player, would have fit right in our current squad in shithousery terms :lol: 

Just as a person... he's a prick :lol:

Dyer was a significantly better and more gifted player than Jenas. Jenas was just a nothing player for almost all his career, certainly a few years after he broke through 

3 minutes ago, Collage said:

My memories/view of Jenas is that he never really looked THAT good. Sir Bobby loved him and thought the world of him I think, but I always thought that Dyer was way more talented. Of course Dyer never really fulfilled his talent.

He was decent, but as someone said before he was a bit of a jack of all trades. Ok at everything, excelled at nothing. Wasn't a goal scoring midfielder, wasn't a tough tackler, and didn't have the personality to be a leader. He's basically Longstaff 20 years ago

That screamer against West Ham Jenas scored does bring back good memories, like. 

Seem to remember his bossing the mackems in the 0-1 at their place too. 

2 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

He was decent, but as someone said before he was a bit of a jack of all trades. Ok at everything, excelled at nothing. Wasn't a goal scoring midfielder, wasn't a tough tackler, and didn't have the personality to be a leader. He's basically Longstaff 20 years ago

He was better than Longstaff like. Don’t see Sean getting 21 England caps anytime soon 

5 minutes ago, Collage said:

He was better than Longstaff like. Don’t see Sean getting 21 England caps anytime soon 

Don't think he was actually. There was a lot less competition for that spot back then, and if you recall most of Jenas caps were a few mins of substitutions here and there.

I dont rate Longstaff highly now, but would say he's done more for us than Jenas ever did

Plus being at Tottenham will have given him a 10-15 cap boost just because England managers then (and still) hardly look outside Manchester Liverpool and London for players that could actually be useful

Edited by gjohnson

22 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

would say he's done more for us than Jenas ever did

I’d agree with that. I definitely like him more than Jenas. Don’t think he’s better though

So he's discussed it with his lawyers and they're like:

Nicki Minaj No GIF

Still, rather he'd go down the therapy route than the 'I'VE BEEN CANCELLED OMG' route.

Edited by Checko

He’s knacker no doubt, first season with us he was very good. Won Young Player of the Season, he didn’t progress as he should have done. Could have been so much better if he’d really put his heart into it.

Just now, Tsunami said:

He’s knacker no doubt, first season with us he was very good. Won Young Player of the Season, he didn’t progress as he should have done. Could have been so much better if he’d really put his heart into it.

Seems to have been more focused on putting his dick into it 

48 minutes ago, Pearljam10 said:

Had a screamer against Man Utd as well when we lost 6-2

“Jenas by name, genius by nature” is a bit of famous Sky commentary.

Bit of reaction going on I think. He wasn’t as good as he thinks he was, but for a couple of years, and at a pretty young age, he really looked like he was developing into a top midfielder. Didn’t get there but def a level up from Longstaff.

Is it a sackable offence to sext someone? Surely there's more to it than that

He won't be the first or last married person to sext someone