Jermaine Jenas

Ishmael

Gives you hope that justice in the end prevails. The fact saying was gutted heading back to Newcastle after England duty and not back to Chelsea and spurs when Newcastle finished 4th, 3rd and 5th was a disgrace, talking as if we were lingering around the bottom 3

I listened to The Rest is Football podcast last week and I'm sure they said at the time that Jenas was planned to be on MOTD with Shearer, but then it was Joe Hart, so I presume whatever was decided/came to light must have been around then.

6 hours ago, Elliottman said:

What was the interview/program he done where he talked about playing with England the coming back to Newcastle and the standards just weren’t the same level. Shearer called him out on it.

Little arrogant prick. 

Was after a match on BT Sport wasn't it? Says the standards at Newcastle was nowhere near those at Chelsea and Liverpool which didn't help as he was competing with Lampard and Gerrard to get into the England set up. Even though in 2001-02, the season he signed here, we finished above Chelsea. And in his first full season, 2002-03, we finished above both of them. :lol:

Edited by HaydnNUFC

20 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Was after a match on BT Sport wasn't it? Says the standards at Newcastle was nowhere near those at Chelsea and Liverpool which didn't help as he was competing with Lampard and Gerrard to get into the England set up. Even though in 2001-02, the season he signed here, we finished above Chelsea. And in his first full season, 2002-03, we finished above both of them. :lol:

And won Young Player of the Season.

Never did like the cut of his jib.

He's alright on the TV from what I see except for the fact he's as boring a human being to look at as he was to watch play

19 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Jenas was one of the 'young guns', who in the end did for SBR. Part of that pack along with Dyer, Bellamy and Bramble.

Arrogant pricks they were and probs still are.

I don't remember Jenas being much trouble? Always seemed professional and looked like he was going to become world class 02/03 season. Had a slow season in 03/04 then Souness played him a lot out wide 04/05 and he was never the same here. 

When I first started following football, Jenas was probably my favourite outfield player. I thought he was going to be the best big thing.

He suddenly went to Spurs, and Spurs were below us at the time. It was probably the first or one of the first indications that Shepard had checked out.

As it turns out, that debut game aside, he wasted his opportunity. He could have been so much better. Now both Spurs, and Newcastle fans would forget about him if he wasn’t on our TV all the time.