Harry Redknapp

Tooj

I cant see him bing sent down.

He'd better come up with a better defense strategy if he wants to avoid doing time like..

Its a crap defence but I just cant see him being sent down for it.

I cant see him bing sent down.

He'd better come up with a better defense strategy if he wants to avoid doing time like..

Its a crap defence but I just cant see him being sent down for it.

Thing is, the most recent high profile cases you can draw comparisons with are the MPs fiddling expenses. None of them were spared prison, and that was for figures varying from 8 grand to 30. Harry's tax misdemeanour is more than this. HMRC are definitely out for blood with this, as they surely could have insisted on a penalty and full repayment of the amount in question

Utterly ridiculous how he claims to be "financially illiterate" yet had worked out what commission he was due on the Crouch sale. Anyone ever heard him mouthing off about how much money he made for Portsmouth from his transfer dealings? Also during transfer windows his talks to the media about other club's players often refer to how much they would cost and whether its good value. "Financially illiterate" my arse.....

Have you considered that Redknapp may have been informed of the commission issue by his accountant? 

And being financially literate, even at the most basic of levels, doesn't just mean being able to reel off profit details.  That's just bragging.

(I'm just playing the devils advocate here, I have no idea as to whether or not Redknapp has the mental capacity of a 5-year old fish)

Have you considered that Redknapp may have been informed of the commission issue by his accountant? 

And being financially literate, even at the most basic of levels, doesn't just mean being able to reel off profit details.  That's just bragging.

(I'm just playing the devils advocate here, I have no idea as to whether or not Redknapp has the mental capacity of a 5-year old fish)

Even if he does there is no excuse.  Don't think diminished reponsibility works with tax fraud

It's a good defence actually, blundering incompetence I can actually believe.

Also I'm a bit like that, I won't notice what's going on with my bank account for ages, I would have thought I would if I was dealing in that kinda money though, and nor would I fly to monaco and open a bank account or something...

It's a good defence actually, blundering incompetence I can actually believe.

Also I'm a bit like that, I won't notice what's going on with my bank account for ages, I would have thought I would if I was dealing in that kinda money though, and nor would I fly to monaco and open a bank account or something...

That shows an element of organisation doesn't it...

Errm I set off to open a new bank account in lloyds in portsmouth high street.  got on wrong bus and ended up in Monaco.  No bother they have banks there.  Asked for my name and I'm so stupendously thick that I could only remember the namee of my dog and year of birth so had to roll with that.

Illiterate means ignorant to the equivalent level of being unable to read. I don't think Redknapp is anywhere near that, for starters I think he has an understanding of the economics of the transfer market. If you disagree so be it.   

Guest kingdawson

I wonder if other fan message boards are having as much fun as us with this case.

Not even Gooner fans are having as much 'fun' as you guys tbh.

Not sure any fans in the country booed Joey Barton as loud as your fans did at White Hart Lane so if you could get down off the high horse...

If he's guilty and the punishment is normally prison - send the saggy b****** down.

What high horse? i answered a question as honestly as i could. I haven't come across another forum where they've dedicated so much to Harry's court case (hell even the spurs forum hasn't dedicated this much to it). I'm not knocking it and by all means have fun.

''I can't work a computer, I don't know what an email is, I can't, I have never sent a fax and I've never even sent a text message. I have a big problem, I can't write so I don't keep anything. I am the most disorganised person, I am ashamed to say, in the world.''

And this is the guy who is going to be the next England manager? Seriously if true, then this alone should disqualify him from any role for England

''I can't work a computer, I don't know what an email is, I can't, I have never sent a fax and I've never even sent a text message. I have a big problem, I can't write so I don't keep anything. I am the most disorganised person, I am ashamed to say, in the world.''

And this is the guy who is going to be the next England manager? Seriously if true, then this alone should disqualify him from any role for England

Bollox what about the last minute super duper two mobiles transfer deadline day.

Anyone associated with Spurs or Harry Redknapp should be fully embarrassed by the last couple of days.