Harry Redknapp

Tooj

Doesn't matter who England hire as manager tbh, there's not a good enough pot of players to make a proper team. And the players who are available, are total shitehawks who don't have the mentality to achieve anything with England

That. 

Guest Haris Vuckic

Doesn't matter who England hire as manager tbh, there's not a good enough pot of players to make a proper team. And the players who are available, are total shitehawks who don't have the mentality to achieve anything with England.

We simply aren't good enough or close to being good enough.

It's not just the players it's the system, everywhere else has a much better set up. There's too much ''hoof it'' culture in England for a start.

Lord Sugar tells BBC Radio 5 live: "If this was Harry Smith or Harry Brown, it wouldn't have gone to court." Speaking about footballers and managers often signing documents blindly, he explains: "They trust and leave it to the profesionals. Harry and many others have grown up with that culture. They shove a piece of paper under your nose and you sign it."

:lol:

Guest Brazilianbob

Lord Sugar tells BBC Radio 5 live: "If this was Harry Smith or Harry Brown, it wouldn't have gone to court." Speaking about footballers and managers often signing documents blindly, he explains: "They trust and leave it to the profesionals. Harry and many others have grown up with that culture. They shove a piece of paper under your nose and you sign it.":lol:

The point Sugar is missing is HMRC have sent out a (expensive) message saying "We know what has gone on in the past between football clubs and managers, but now we are watching you.  Pay your taxes up front and we will leave you alone"  Next time someone just might be found guilty!"

Something I vaguely heard on Radio2 whilst driving today about the time Ken Dodd was found not guilty of a similar offence. Can't say for sure I quote verbatim, but the judge said the case had shown...

A comedian is incapable of being an accountant but an accountant can be a comedian.

Lord Sugar tells BBC Radio 5 live: "If this was Harry Smith or Harry Brown, it wouldn't have gone to court." Speaking about footballers and managers often signing documents blindly, he explains: "They trust and leave it to the profesionals. Harry and many others have grown up with that culture. They shove a piece of paper under your nose and you sign it.":lol:

The point Sugar is missing is HMRC have sent out a (expensive) message saying "We know what has gone on in the past between football clubs and managers, but now we are watching you.  Pay your taxes up front and we will leave you alone"  Next time someone just might be found guilty!"

really ? the message i'm seeing is "get as much offshore as you can and a decent accountant can come up with any number of reasons as to why it wasn't taxed, mind you it's only an option open to the rich as those accountants are expensive, but worth it for all that tax you'll save"

I don't really know how the prosecution went at Redknapp, but if it was as bad as Redknapp's defense, then that's pathetic. Some of the claims Redknapp made to defend himself were useless, and should never hold up in court, they must really had not had a case, or just didn't try hard enough to win it.

I don't really know how the prosecution went at Redknapp, but if it was as bad as Redknapp's defense, then that's pathetic. Some of the claims Redknapp made to defend himself were useless, and should never hold up in court, they must really had not had a case, or just didn't try hard enough to win it.

It is weird, I would have thought they wouldn't have bothered to charge him unless they had strong evidence.

It wasn't the ignorance defence that got them off though was it? It was the fact that the judge instructed the jury to believe their word that the money was an 'investment' rather than anything to do with the Crouch sale.

also to believe that what saggy face said on the phone to weasely besely was a lie.

It wasn't the ignorance defence that got them off though was it? It was the fact that the judge instructed the jury to believe their word that the money was an 'investment' rather than anything to do with the Crouch sale.

also to believe that what saggy face said on the phone to weasely besely was a lie.

Did he instruct them to believe that? I thought that it was rather that if they did believe that then they had to acquit him - which makes more sense.

Did he instruct them to believe that? I thought that it was rather that if they did believe that then they had to acquit him - which makes more sense.

i didn't mean it to sound like the judge instructed them to believe that, though he did say something about believing them the other day due their good charcter didn't he ?

He said they were of good character and so the jury should tend to believe their testimony IIRC. Sounds like he thought the prosecution was a load of bollocks.

Also they had paid a large amount of tax perviously and so argued that there was no reason for them to avoid a small amount now.

He said they were of good character and so the jury should tend to believe their testimony IIRC. Sounds like he thought the prosecution was a load of bollocks.

Also they had paid a large amount of tax perviously and so argued that there was no reason for them to avoid a small amount now.

Yeah, that seemed to be a major part of the defence. Did you read that piece from the Man City fan who was a QC? He seemed to think the Judge was really well-respected. I suspect that, as you said, the prosecution wasn't the best.

Guest Howaythetoon

Taxes will rise, people will die and people will fiddle away...

I guarantee every manager has done a Redknapp, and players and anyone in business really.