Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

German newspaper "kicker" claims Ben Arfa won't be going to Hoffenheim. They normally are spot on with their news.

That is interesting.  If they are relaible it is really good news as all the signs were that Hoffenheim were the most viable option.

hmm, making me feel more comfortable

Like the breaking in of a new pair of underwear.

Guest zinaldo1982

It looks as though marseille are now willing to let him leave on loan on conditions that we do take his wages on,from what i hear he is on 207.000 a month so at least 50.000 pounds a week but i am sure that if we do manage to get him on loan we are not going to have a problem paying his wages.

But also it is usually both clubs who pay the wages so only 25 or 30.000  pounds a week to pay from our part i would imagine and he has been called up to the national team,another proof of his quality.

It looks as though marseille are now willing to let him leave on loan on conditions that we do take his wages on,from what i hear he is on 207.000 a month so at least 50.000 pounds a week but i am sure that if we do manage to get him on loan we are not going to have a problem paying his wages.

But also it is usually both clubs who pay the wages so only 25 or 30.000  pounds a week to pay from our part i would imagine and he has been called up to the national team,another proof of his quality.

Where are you getting all this info? You are very ITK...

We are going to need to buy a much better DM if we are going to be using 2 wingers, neither will offer the necessary cover defensively to help the likes of Smith at this level.

Shame the Arevalo deal isnt real.

Barton will do as DM.

Barton is a box to box midfielder, as is Guthrie as is Gosling. We need someone to just sit in front of the back 4 and break attacks up. The only person who barely resembles that is Smith, and he's not exactly an expert at it.

No we don't. We seemed to do alright when we had Speed and Lee together.

That is ages since mate, football evolve.

Pretty much all the good teams have a good DM to offload the defence.

And it allows the fullbacks to go on offensive runs more often.

It might be the most important role for our team next season....

if you are going to play two orthodox wide men in a 4-4-2 (or 4-4-1-1) then don't have a DM. 2 clever box to boxers are much better. yes pretty much all the good team have a good DM, pretty much none of them play a standard 4-4-2 like we look to be sizing up for.

I see your point, but i still disagree.

442 old school style did not have a dedicated DM, but most have it now.

They are not so defensive as in a 433 or 4231, but they are there, and they do a job.

When Manu are playing 442, carrick usually play DM. He holds back and play in support.

He is a deep defensive playmaker when in attack, and a "protector" when in defence.

He is there to interupt a counter attack, and try to break down play.

Two box-box will leave a massive hole infront of the center backs.

Exposing them for a lot of pressure, especially on counter attacks.

Wingbacks will be forced to stay more in defence due to this.

and i'll disagree here, two box to box men feed off each other and don't leave the gap as they read each others game and one drops into a position where they can get to the protective position (gary speed was excellent at this, getting into positions where he can aid position aswell as help the centre halves or full back.

todays game is more about movement and nouse than ever before. having a dedicated DM negates this. you'll find there will be arguments over who are the good DM's as many will say they are just central midfielders doing their job at doing a bit of everything (ie scheinsteiger and khedira above)

We are going to need to buy a much better DM if we are going to be using 2 wingers, neither will offer the necessary cover defensively to help the likes of Smith at this level.

Barton will do as DM.

Barton is a box to box midfielder, as is Guthrie as is Gosling. We need someone to just sit in front of the back 4 and break attacks up. The only person who barely resembles that is Smith, and he's not exactly an expert at it.

What Danny Guthrie have you been watching? He's a decent CM, but I wouldn't say he was a dynamic box to box midfielder.

I never said the word 'dynamic' but he clearly is a box to box midfielder, half the time last season he was the only one giving our midfield any drive. Underrated player imo who will do well.

Guest zinaldo1982

Hoffenheim have had an 8m euros accepted but they need to convince him of going there but he still seems to want to play in the premier league,some people are saying he wants to put himself in the shop window so he can join one of the major teams in the league.

They want to lower the level of the salaries in the club so would be willing to accept a loan but i guess we are going to need to up the loan fee we offered them 500.000 pounds so i think we could up it to 800 or 1m pounds.

the wages are only paid by both clubs if a) the loaning club wants him off the wage bill but cant sell him and b)if the loaning club cant afford the wages.

the international call up comes when the entire french squad from the world cup faces a 1 game suspension.

Out of all our midfielders Guthrie is the one I have most faith in to be comfortable in the PL.

Ha well thats not saying much is it. Im not sure...i think Barton will FINALLY come good, but then again, i keep saying that about Smith.

Hoffenheim have had an 8m euros accepted but they need to convince him of going there but he still seems to want to play in the premier league,some people are saying he wants to put himself in the shop window so he can join one of the major teams in the league.

They want to lower the level of the salaries in the club so would be willing to accept a loan but i guess we are going to need to up the loan fee we offered them 500.000 pounds so i think we could up it to 800 or 1m pounds.

Are you the players agent ?

You only registered when HBA rumour surfaced and you seem to know a hell of a lot and you've only commentated in this thread.

Guest zinaldo1982

Taylor.

I can read french so i go on all the site but most importantly france google news and look at it there but also on the english site.

there is also rtl.fr whch is a french radio station which usually have info and news about football transfer anywhere in the world but always in france.

Marseille can't really force him to go anywhere and i am sure ben arfa is trying to get back at them by not accepting the german club offer,they are in need of cash or would like to reduce the overall salaries at the club so either a loan or permanent fee.

Guest zinaldo1982

Yeah kind a bit but i am lover of beautiful football but also i can relate to what he is going through of no one ever trusting him enough to give him a chance especially as a starter but also the way he has been treated really gets to me as other players have been rubbish but still been able to play but soon as he makes the wrong move he is on the bench for 3 months.

But eh newcastle aren't interested in big and exciting players so that is why i haven't been on here and to see a billionaire be this stingy with money is also another reason i haven't paid too much attention to the transfer news.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Barton will do as DM.

What Danny Guthrie have you been watching? He's a decent CM, but I wouldn't say he was a dynamic box to box midfielder.

I never said the word 'dynamic' but he clearly is a box to box midfielder, half the time last season he was the only one giving our midfield any drive. Underrated player imo who will do well.

Sorry, but the very definition of a box to box midfielder is someone who is dynamic and can actually go box to box. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/1957308.stm

Guthrie doesn't have that at all, he's just a typical CM. I'll see if I can find a heat map, you'll see he doesn't go box to box, but stays in the middle and ventures forward slightly more than he does back.

Cheers mate :thup:

And Guthrie hasn't given me any reason to believe he'll be decent in the premiership. He may have the most natural ability but he sure as hell doesn't know how to use it.

The most impressed I've bee with guthrie is seeing him play a few times at Bolton in the PL. Was thrilled when we captured him based on the 3 or so games I'd seen him play. Hopefully he can step up, I think he'll play better against better footballers. I think shit football is his weakness, put him against some better technical players and a more flowing game and he shines a bit more.

heres hoping anyway

Guest zinaldo1982

<snip>

Enjoy he did all that from playing on the right cutting so imagine what he could from being free of too many defensive duties and playing as   an attacking mid but i feel he would need to play alongside a clever but fast attacker who can make runs in behind but i don't see caroll being it.

Someone like bellamy with his pace would thrive playing ahead of hatem.

Guest neesy111

Enjoy he did all that from playing on the right cutting so imagine what he could from being free of too many defensive duties and playing as   an attacking mid but i feel he would need to play alongside a clever but fast attacker who can make runs in behind but i don't see caroll being it.

Someone like bellamy with his pace would thrive playing ahead of hatem.

no football video's allowed